Negative Calorie Adjustment

Options
Hi all, I have just joined the MFA this week and I am already ‘enjoying’ the added benefit of tracking my calorie intake.

I do have a query though on the negative calorie adjustment function, as I do not use a tracking device.

I am only moderately active, when not actually exercising, and so I am wondering if I am ‘deserving’ of my 2500 kcal normal daily allowance!?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    If you have set your actively level appropriately, then yes. MFP doesn't take planned intentional exercise that is not part of your normal everyday activity (work, schooling, home chores, etc.) into account, so you don't need to make any adjustments if you don't exercise.
  • davemcv6730
    davemcv6730 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I did set the app as not very active. Something must be working though as my weight trend continues downwards! Hurrah!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I did set the app as not very active. Something must be working though as my weight trend continues downwards! Hurrah!

Well, I would say 'of course you are losing weight', since you have chosen an activity level lower than how active you really are (not including exercise), which means you are burning more calories than MFP thinks you are.
    If you find yourself losing weight faster than your chosen weight loss rate, I would suggest choosing a higher activity level.
  • davemcv6730
    davemcv6730 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

Well, I would say 'of course you are losing weight', since you have chosen an activity level lower than how active you really are (not including exercise), which means you are burning more calories than MFP thinks you are.
    If you find yourself losing weight faster than your chosen weight loss rate, I would suggest choosing a higher activity level.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind as I continue to track my weight.