Looking for motivation

Options
Dear All, I am looking for a beach look with body fat percent less than 9 need your motivation and support .

Please add me !

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Are you aware of what it takes be sub 10% BF unless you are very rare genetically and willing to make the sacrifices needed?
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Go for it. See what you can do. There is no fast and easy method that is healthy and sustainable.

For BF % it's all what you eat. In order to build the look you need a plan that is specific to do what you want to look like. Whatever you do you will look like you, just stronger, more defined and potentially larger.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    You may find creating discipline and habits more useful than the search for motivation.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I want to be a victorias secret model too, but ... my body just aint made that way

Why the hell not?
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I was at 8% BF (measured hydrostatically) once.

Just "happened" based on my eating & training habits at the time and it may have been a fluke Couldn't sustain it even though I tried.

Have measured consistently w/hydro and DEXA at around 12% doing very little differently for the past 5 yrs

Am not a competitive body builder. Just want to remain fit and heathy in my old age and sub-15% for men is considered to be ahead of the curve.

So, 12% is fine with me but you have other aspirations, gofor it. Just don't be too disappointed or hard on youself, if you fail to achieve your goal.

A realistic timeline and plan to achieve your goal is essential and consistency, patience and discipline will be the most valuable traits that you will help you to achieve it

Good luck!
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Based on your profile picture, you look young and already in good shape. I believe sub 10% is very reasonable for you but that does require a close grip on your diet, exercise and overall health. You may also want to allow yourself periods (fall and winter for me) where you allow yourself to go into the 12-15% range.