Manually add Fitbit steps?

Options
BitseyO
BitseyO Posts: 2 Member
I have tried everything and since I cannot sync Fitbit with MFP, is there a way to manually add steps?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    You can't manually add steps but you could do one of two things.
    • evaluate your average step count and set your activity level in your profile accordingly for example if it's between 5-7500 set yourself as Lightly Active, 7500-10000 set yourself as Active, Over 10000 set yourself to Very Active and see how your weight responds over a period of 4-6 weeks and then adjust your calorie allowance as needed to get the results you're looking for.
    • if you have a smartphone use a different app to track steps - such as Apple Healthkit or Googlefit.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    BitseyO wrote: »
    I have tried everything and since I cannot sync Fitbit with MFP, is there a way to manually add steps?

Since there is no way to know how experienced you are with Fitbit and MFP, and only 2 posts - I'm going to ask.

What is "everything" you have tried?

Did you confirm the MFP app settings for Step Source says Fitbit?
    And that was after going through setup to sync accounts?
    Is meal totals showing up on Fitbit?
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,310 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi Bitsey, if you're having trouble with Fitbit I would suggest reaching out to our support team, as we will be able to actually see what is going on with your account rather than guessing at what may or may not be happening.

To reach our support team for assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com

I hope that helps!