Eating when you don't feel like it

Options
I haven't been feeling well the past couple days, and I'm really struggling to meet my calories. I know, I know, I hate people who make threads like this, too.
I really want to meet my calorie goal, but I just don't have an appetite.
What are some calorie dense foods that I can eat to make up my deficit (around 1000 calories) and preferably meet my macros? Because of a medical condition I have to avoid saturated fats and dietary cholesterol, so although I would love to just eat 3 or 4 servings of ice cream that's out of the question.

Replies

• glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Nut Butters, Dips with veggies, potatoes, dried fruit. You could also do smoothies. It's almost too easy to sneak calories in those.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Bump, I am currently eating plain oatmeal for this reason. :( It is tuff to eat when you don't feel well.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    whats your favourite food?

i'm gonna say something like a CBLAT. (chicken bacon lettuce avo tomato). fatty, proteiney, delicious.
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter, Nutella, dressing, mayonnaise, avocado, olive oil...all of these will bump your calories with no problem.
  • bartman4
    bartman4 Posts: 24
    Options
    I just don't eat when I don't feel like it. Starvation mode is a myth. I can get by on 1200 calories on days when I'm not very hungry and my target is quite a bit higher than that.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

i'm gonna say something like a CBLAT. (chicken bacon lettuce avo tomato). fatty, proteiney, delicious.

Probably ice cream. lol.
    I might make a chicken sandwich minus the bacon (saturated fats)
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    If you're sick and don't feel like you can eat, follow what we hillbillies call the BRAT diet of easy foods: bananas/bread, rice, applesauce and toast/tea. If it's only for a few days, don't worry about meeting your calorie goals. I went through the worst stomach virus of my life two weeks ago, to the point where I was hallucinating from pain. I think I ate 150 calories those days because nothing would stay down.

Concentrate on feeling better.
  • scottaworley
    Options
    I just don't eat when I don't feel like it. Starvation mode is a myth. I can get by on 1200 calories on days when I'm not very hungry and my target is quite a bit higher than that.

I could get by on 800 some days, but I want consistency and to preserve muscle mass.
  • scottaworley
    Options
    If you're sick and don't feel like you can eat, follow what we hillbillies call the BRAT diet of easy foods: bananas/bread, rice, applesauce and toast/tea. If it's only for a few days, don't worry about meeting your calorie goals. I went through the worst stomach virus of my life two weeks ago, to the point where I was hallucinating from pain. I think I ate 150 calories those days because nothing would stay down.

Concentrate on feeling better.

I'm not really sick like fever and throwing up, I just don't have an appetite and have general malaise. I don't really feel like I have an excuse to not eat.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Probably ice cream. lol.
    I might make a chicken sandwich minus the bacon (saturated fats)

...you aren't allowed to eat bacon? I'd be inconsolable.

maybe you could make yourself some kind of rich creamy smoothie with yoghurt and berries or something?
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
  • scottaworley
    Options

Easy to eat calorie dense foods do not always equal calorie dense foods. Thanks for your help.