Bmr or tdee or what?
I've got a bit of a plateau going I've lost somewhere in the region of 15-18kgs of weight. I forgot where I started unfortunately, somewhere between 92-95kg I'm 6ft 33years old and currently at 76.7kg which for me is probably somewhere in the ideal weight range. However my body composition is terrible and belly and man boob fat is almost too much. So I presume I still need to lose more fat. My goals on the app are set to active. I have a fairly active job accounting up to 10,000-15,000 steps everyday. And when running/walking after work. it ends up at around 22,000+
From the picture I want to ask is the goal a bmr maintenance level or is that a tdee level? If I want to be 500 calories under well I don't know what. I've done a few calculator sites and my bmr is around 1,850 calories and my tdee says around 2,350 calories.
I've very recently started to do some bodyweight and dumbell training. I can see small gains in my arms at least. But I just cant to drop any more in the scales. I know this sometimes is a bad method to go by however I have crohn's disease so using a measuring tape around my navel is sometimes hard to read if I have inflammation or bloating in my stomach which can happen. But for the past month or so the measurement hasn't dropped from 38" around my belly.
I am almost scared of under eating as well as I don't want to lower my metabolism and slow everything down.
- All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 390.7K Introduce Yourself
- 43.3K Getting Started
- 259.5K Health and Weight Loss
- 175.5K Food and Nutrition
- 47.3K Recipes
- 232.2K Fitness and Exercise
- 378 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.4K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.5K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 73.1K Success Stories
- 152.6K Motivation and Support
- 7.8K Challenges
- 1.3K Debate Club
- 96.3K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 3K MyFitnessPal Information
- 22 News and Announcements
- 850 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 2.2K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions