Looking for advice and opinions from more experienced mfpers than me

Hello!
So just looking to get peoples thoughts on my nutrition/fitness plan and anything I could adjust.

I'm a 6', 192 lb male with estimated ~21% BF right now.

My workout routine is as follows:
Mon/tues/fri/sat- roughly 2.5 hour hike usually about 8 miles in the morning. 1 hour upper body dumbbells in the afternoon and 1 hour yin yoga before bed.
Wed/thurs- 30 min HIIT 90s work 30s rest in the morning, 1 hour vinyasa flow in the afternoon and 1 hour yin before bed.
Sun- 30 min HIIT and 1 hour hatha yoga.

Using TDEE calculator (i selected the heavy exercise one) it suggests about 3200 calories so I was thinking of aiming for 2700-2800 calories with either a 40/30/30 or 35/30/35 breakdown. i tend to enjoy fats vs carbs so the 40% can be a challenge.

I only recently started tracking properly and realized I was undereating quite a bit.

My goals are to cut my BF to ~10% and gain some muscle mass. Can I safely get away with that calorie deficit and build muscle (not drastically)?

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    It's a bit harder to build muscle in a deficit. You can, but make sure you're getting at least 0.8 - 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, that's going to be really important. Protein is required for muscle building, so eat enough to make sure your body gets the "build muscle" signal.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    If you want to get to a genuine 10% bf
    I’d ease up on the hikes and hiit training.

Concentrate on a solid resistance training
    Program while been in a calorie deficit
    It’s a lot harder to build muscle in a deficit
    Especially as you get nearer your goal

Make a decision on what exact goal you want and adapt training nutrition and recovery towards that goal.

Getting to 10% bf Should be easy from your starting position,
  • imslydell
    imslydell Posts: 2 Member
    watts6151 wrote: »

Make a decision on what exact goal you want and adapt training nutrition and recovery towards that goal.

Cant really ease up the hikes as its something my wife likes to do lol. I will try to replace some of the hiit. I recently picked up a pullup bar and resistance bands.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    imslydell wrote: »
    watts6151 wrote: »

Cant really ease up the hikes as its something my wife likes to do lol. I will try to replace some of the hiit. I recently picked up a pullup bar and resistance bands.

So you have access to a gym in your area