Nipple Piercing

Options
mamacita721
mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
I have been thinking about getting my nipples pierced. For full disclosure, my nipples are not sensitive, like AT ALL. You need to pinch or bite down hard for me to feel it. I have had my navel done (and went through pregnancy with it) twice.

So those in the know, what do you think? Will it hurt? My boobs are still big (38d) so I will need to pin them down. Does it increase sensitivity at all?

Real life experiences and not judgement please.

Replies

• BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have had friends that have lost all feeling from them, but I've also had some who said they were more sensitive after.

Guess it is a crap shoot either way!
  • mamacita721
    Options
    So I really have nothing to lose then!
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Piercing didn't affect my nipple sensitivity at all.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I had a bf who had his nipples pierced and it kind of increased sensitivity, but not really. I think it really just depends on the individual's reaction to the piercing. In your case, it wouldn't be loss either way.
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    mine were about the same before and after I had them done it really didn't hurt more than any other body piercing. ill wait till iam done having kids before having it don't again boobs grew to much to handle bars even thought my belly button did fine
  • ImNikki6
    ImNikki6 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mine were sensitive to begin with and after they were much more sensitive, and even now after years without them, I still have my sensitivity, I breastfeed without issues (as some say it can cause problems). I took them out about a year after getting them mostly cause of my sleeping habit, Im a tummy sleeper and they would get pulled on the sheets (ok to be honest a lot was from rough sex) they would get caught in everything, sheets, my skimpy bra's...... When they pulled it hurt a bit but I was more worried I was going to do damage with all the tugging, my hubby has them still and no issues, still has great sensitivity. If I didn't always get my caught I would still have them today, I say go for it.
  • mamacita721
    Options
    My belly piercing made it through child birth and cancer surgery just fine. I only took it out because my baby daddy hated it. I wish I had been stronger. I took it out for him and pout it back in when he left because I love it!
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mine were sensitive to begin with and after they were much more sensitive, and even now after years without them, I still have my sensitivity, I breastfeed without issues (as some say it can cause problems). I took them out about a year after getting them mostly cause of my sleeping habit, Im a tummy sleeper and they would get pulled on the sheets (ok to be honest a lot was from rough sex) they would get caught in everything, sheets, my skimpy bra's...... When they pulled it hurt a bit but I was more worried I was going to do damage with all the tugging, my hubby has them still and no issues, still has great sensitivity. If I didn't always get my caught I would still have them today, I say go for it.

I have to agree, I would still have mine as well if it wasn't for tummy sleeping and getting them caught on everything. Snag them on a loofa and I promise you will remember to cover them with your hands while you wash.
    As far as sensitivity, I didn't have a whole lot before the piercing, but after getting them and even taking them out I have sensitivity.
    Everyone is different...give it a go.
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I vote no
  • joy1roberts
    joy1roberts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have no complaints! Go for it
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    So when I was in Austin a couple weeks ago, some 70-year-old dude was jogging on the trail, wearing no shirt, his nipple piercings bouncing merrily around.

I'm sorry, what was the question again?
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'd say go for it. When I got mine, the first one didn't hurt much because of the adrenaline. However, the second one hurt like hell because of the shock from the first. My nipples were more sensitive afterwards. I have since taken them out, and the sensitive went back down.

Definitely go to someone who knows what they are doing.
  • Lyndz_88
    Lyndz_88 Posts: 29
    Options
    I dont really have any sensitivity in my nipples either... Didnt make any diference when I got one pierced. Getting it done was a walk in the park and the healing as well. The only time it hurts is when I accidently catch it on a loop on my bath towel :p
  • Lyndz_88
    Lyndz_88 Posts: 29
    Options
    Snag them on a loofa and I promise you will remember to cover them with your hands while you wash.

^^ this
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    So when I was in Austin a couple weeks ago, some 70-year-old dude was jogging on the trail, wearing no shirt, his nipple piercings bouncing merrily around.

I'm sorry, what was the question again?

:noway: lol!
  • SergeantG
    Options
    It HURTS!!!!

Hurts f**king bad to get them done....at least it did for me (I had them done twice, the first I took out because of my deployment overseas, then they closed and a couple years later I went and had them redone) but D-A-M-N, that was a pretty torturous experience (and note, I have a high pain tolerance). However, I think it depends on how 'big' or 'small' your nips are...if there is alot of tissue to go through, then you are more apt to have some significant discomfort while its being done...that was my problem...
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    My sister had hers done and she said it increased her sensitivity but she liked it since she didn't have a lot of sensation there before!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    OMG...That was some of the worst pain I've ever experienced. If you get them done, find a place that will give you 2 piercers to do it at the same time.

But, I love mine! I didn't increase the sensitivity much, but I was pretty sensitive anyway. I really just love the way they look.

And don't forget to buy some slightly padded bras for comfort and a little concealment. :flowerforyou:
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Snag them on a loofa and I promise you will remember to cover them with your hands while you wash.

^^ this

Maybe need to start a "Things I've snagged my piercings on...." thread.
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    I've had mine done for 4 years, the first week after getting it pierced I regretted it horribly, it's not a pleasant feeling, it can be extremely swollen and sore but as long as you follow the appropriate care procedures and make sure you don't wear lacy bras that can hook into the barbell you should do just fine! Sensitivity wise, I find it to be drastically more sensitive than the unpierced nipple, however, if it isn't pierced properly you can cause damage and be permanently desensitized.