Options
2»

Replies

• Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Lawcher wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    Tip - it's not your age. Eat less, move more still works.
    I actually found it far easier in my 50's to lose weight, better tools like this one, food labelling, more me time.....

Only you know how much you have to lose and what you mean by slower than expected, often it's the expectation that's the problem!

As @claireychn074 points out we have choices with what to do with our time, when I retired I got even more choices and move more, exercise more and get to eat more.
    I actually found it far easier in my 50's to lose weight, better tools like this one, food labelling, more me time.....

Only you know how much you have to lose and what you mean by slower than expected, often it's the expectation that's the problem!

As @claireychn074 points out we have choices with what to do with our time, when I retired I got even more choices and move more, exercise more and get to eat more.

Actually menopause I had been scientifically proven to lose body fat very very slowly as estrogen drops dramatically
    You don’t exercise lots more and eat lots less that will cause your body to hold on fat in shock
    Speaking as a 51 year old menopause women who’s lost 100lbs it is so much harder than aged 20-40

“Starvation mode” is a myth. Please read the stickies- all of them are both profound and entertaining. Enjoy!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Lawcher wrote: »

Actually menopause I had been scientifically proven to lose body fat very very slowly as estrogen drops dramatically
    You don’t exercise lots more and eat lots less that will cause your body to hold on fat in shock
    Speaking as a 51 year old menopause women who’s lost 100lbs it is so much harder than aged 20-40

Huh?

Yeah all those POWs who built the Burma Railway came out of the jungle really fat....

Science doesn't mean what you think it means.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,940 Member
    Options
    I have given up deciding to be fat. I lost the weight at age 46. Some of it has crept back on (I've struggled to replace a very active work out plan since COVID shut down my gym and pool), but I also know that this science fair of a 52-year-old perimenopausal woman can do this again.

My biggest struggle is that if I injure myself, the recovery time in my 50s isn't what it was in my 20s or 30s. I am much more careful, paying attention to how "hard" I am willing to go during a workout. Early in the shutdown, I crashed on a piece of furniture in my house because I was at the end of my (new) workout and tired. It set me back weeks. Other than that, age hasn't been a game changer.

Yes, I do struggle with repeated injuries, increased recovery times, and not being able to be as active as I would like.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Weight training might help