I hate the scale so much 😫

Options
I know that water weight and "whooshes" are real, and I've lost weight before and had to deal with it so intellectually I know that... But in the moment when you are sacrificing, trying so hard, going to bed hungry... It just sucks when the scale is a fickle b*. I shouldn't have weighed myself today because my ring is tight, which should have been a clue I'm retaining water. Anyway, I've been tracking for 2 months and apparently only lost 3 lbs, which is honestly mathematically impossible with the deficit and activity (weigh my food, measure in grams, etc). Im pretty sure it's water weight or a whoosh is coming, but it just sucks so much to look down and see a number that is like a knife in your gut bc of how hard you're working.

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You weigh your food which is awesome. You may be coming up on a whoosh, but honestly if you’ve been doing this for 3 months, I think that would have happened already if it was going to happen.

So, question: what do you have your activity level set to in mfp? Are you exercising at all? If so are you possibly overestimating calories burned?
  • Raegold
    Raegold Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You weigh your food which is awesome. You may be coming up on a whoosh, but honestly if you’ve been doing this for 3 months, I think that would have happened already if it was going to happen.

So, question: what do you have your activity level set to in mfp? Are you exercising at all? If so are you possibly overestimating calories burned?

It's only been 2 months, and I have lost apparently 2-3 lbs, but the scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks which is frustrating. I don't eat back my exercise calories... It's possible that it's overestimating but I don't pay too much attention to that. I guess it's possible that my TDEE and everything is slightly overestimated, I do have PCOS so it's possible. I eat at a pretty decent deficit for 5 days a week, then one day at a small deficit and one day at maintenance or a tiny bit over. It averages out to be about 3000 deficit per week.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If the scale has only been stuck for 2 weeks I wouldn’t worry about it. Keep doing what you’re doing and the results will show up.

Best of luck!