will i lose the muscle i built in 3 weeks?

Options
i’ve not been going to the gym for 3 weeks because of quarantining and being busy i’m just wondering if it means i’ve undo my progress? about a week and half of those weeks i was eating bad

my weight is the same before i started eating bad (i assume that i still have water weight bc i’m bloated and have only been on track for a few days now) so i don’t know if that means anything

Replies

• sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Not really. Even if you did, thanks to muscle memory you will regain back a lot quicker.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Not sure how long you were previously listing for, so don’t know how much muscle you had built up already.

Assuming you had been lifting for a year, you would most likely lose some muscle during those three weeks. If you had only been lifting for a month or two before the 3 week break, then you didn’t have much to begin with. Either way, once you return to the gym, you will be able to gain it back.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Do push ups, air squats, lunges, toe touches, bench dips & situps. There are literally thousands of bodyweight workouts on Youtube. You can use a gallon bottle filled with water (8 lbs.) to do curls, shoulder presses or to add weight to most of the afore mentioned exercises. There's no reason to stop muscle building exercises. Just adapt and overcome.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have been told by a trainer that while it can take a long time to build lean muscle mass, you can lose it very very quickly
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am coming back from COVID. I didn’t work out for 33 days and while my muscles deflated a bit, they are coming back quickly.