Exercise points

Options
I have been averaging 800 to over 1,000 exercise points a days, walking and swimming and haven’t lost weight in weeks! And I almost always have many (100s) leftover calories at the end of the day. So frustrating!

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Are you just venting your frustration or looking for advice?

Your profile and diaries are private so there's no context about you or data to go on.

For example only you know how you are estimating your exercise calories (if that's what you mean by points) or even if they are combined exercise and activity numbers.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    We need more information if you want help. Like what is an exercise point? Do you mean calories? How are you determining these “points” or calories if that is what they are? Are you weighing and measuring your foods and tracking everything you eat? Were you previously losing weight? If so how much per week and for how long? Maybe you haven’t updated your calorie goal in awhile and aren’t eating in a big enough deficit at your new weight? (I forgot to update mine for awhile, but was still losing slowly when I remembered I needed to do it)
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 326 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Be careful with the exercise calories burned estimators. Many grossly overstate the amount of calories used in working out!!
    I posted a while ago about how different estimators gave vastly different calorie burn estimates for my bike rides (as much as 2x) and most of the knowledgeable folks here thought the lowest figure was the accurate one. Since adjusting things seem more in tune.