Adidas Mask Pocket Question

Options
Hey everyone! I just bought some ADIDAS face masks for going to the gym becaus I read that they were breathable for working out in, and they had 2-3 layers of material, which is ideal for protection (re: covid19, of course).

My question is:

It comes with a pocket on the inside - I presume for one of those filter packs you can buy and replace. Are people using those in their gym masks? Would this make it less breathable?

The mask tag says the mask is not protective against viruses, so I presume that's becaus you should put some sort of filter pack inside it? Are other people doing this? I've never used a non-surgical mask, but the ones I use at the gym keep breaking on me when I pull them up/down to workout...

Thanks!

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Steph_135 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I just bought some ADIDAS face masks for going to the gym becaus I read that they were breathable for working out in, and they had 2-3 layers of material, which is ideal for protection (re: covid19, of course).

My question is:

It comes with a pocket on the inside - I presume for one of those filter packs you can buy and replace. Are people using those in their gym masks? Would this make it less breathable?

The mask tag says the mask is not protective against viruses, so I presume that's becaus you should put some sort of filter pack inside it? Are other people doing this? I've never used a non-surgical mask, but the ones I use at the gym keep breaking on me when I pull them up/down to workout...

Thanks!

I'd say the "not protective against viruses" is their legal disclaimer. A mask can help the spread of disease but can't totally eliminate.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking as well.

I just wasn't sure if others were using the pockets inside the mask, or not.

Thanks @Theoldguy1 !