Back here from Noom

Hello everyone! I'm coming back to MFP after a successful, but unpleasant experience using Noom. I'm hoping this time to engage more with the community and find inspiration from you all to meet my weight goals.

Right now I'm finishing up a weight loss and the migrating to a maintenance mode for a while. Once the prices of Olympic weights come down (curse you COVID) I'm toying with adding a slight surplus to my diet to see if I can put on a little muscle.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting people here. Feel free to comment, say hi, friend me, etc!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I will say "hi" but you do not want me as an MFP friend unless you enjoy silence.

Used equipment goes quick but if you catch garage/yard/community sales early you can sometimes get lucky.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,628 Member
    I was always curious how Noom worked, didn't seem like it would be a good fit for me. Welcome back!!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Welcome back to MFP. Noom wasn't my vibe either but it works for some people!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Soooogie & MaltedTea, please expound upon your dissatisfaction(s) with Noom.
    MaltedTea wrote: »

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Soooogie & MaltedTea, please expound upon your dissatisfaction(s) with Noom.
    MaltedTea wrote: »

The food tracking database was lacking (although I know people have a similar concern with MFP).

Also, since I had access to a nutritionist who used evidence-based counseling approaches, I felt the coaching aspect was subpar. Also, the assigned Noom coach changed once or twice inexplicably 🤔

What I will give Noom lots of credit for is the education and self-awareness piece. They've managed to gamify it as well so before one knows it, they're making better nutrition choices.