Weight loss tips

Options
I’m trying to lose about 20 lbs and I’m not getting anywhere. My typical day is
-protein drink for breakfast (160 calories)
-frozen meal or leftovers and a side for lunch. Example today I had a sloppy joe and wheat crackers.
-run a mile on the treadmill after work
- for dinner I cook something like chicken rice and gravy for example. Plus I have a big glass of juice to take my pills with.
What could I change to start seeing the scale go down?

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to lose about 20 lbs and I’m not getting anywhere. My typical day is
    -protein drink for breakfast (160 calories)
    -frozen meal or leftovers and a side for lunch. Example today I had a sloppy joe and wheat crackers.
    -run a mile on the treadmill after work
    - for dinner I cook something like chicken rice and gravy for example. Plus I have a big glass of juice to take my pills with.
    What could I change to start seeing the scale go down?

Are you near your MFP assigned calorie goal each day? How long have you been doing it?

Are you using a food scale to better capture your portion sizes?

Are you personally verifying all the MFP database entries you use against a label or USDA site? This includes scanned items and green checked items.
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @dontdomornings92 Are you using a food scale? Are you staying under calorie goal? Are eating a lot of processed foods?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The types of foods you eat are going to be less relevant than the number of calories you're eating each day. Are you currently eating to hit a specific calorie goal? Chicken, rice, and gravy could be something like 500 calories or it could be more than 1,000. It's all going to depend on how it is prepared and the quantity of each you're eating.

If you are currently eating to meet a specific calorie goal and not seeing the progress you want after a reasonable period of time, it means either that your calorie goal is too high OR that you aren't estimating your intake accurately and you're accidentally eating more than you think. With the information here, it's impossible for us know more.
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    what the frozren meal?, what the sides? You have to write something like rice 100g, chicken (legs w/skin) 110g, broccoly 120g, butter 3g. Then you and anybody else can alculate calories, and all readings will be equal. Record has to be clear for everybody. Every person cooks chicken, rise gravy differently. Change your record of every entry to grams