How often should I weigh in?

Options
2»

Replies

• bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same bat time, same bat channel and completely..........................nude
  • Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options
    Once a week, same bat time, same bat channel and completely..........................nude

This.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh just about every morning. That way if I am getting off track, I can tell early on. When doing this I have to remember that weight does go up and down a couple of pounds with water weight and then I don't freak over a little gain as it is usually gone the next morning.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Weekly will keep you from pulling your hair out, since your body will regularly change due to water weight among other things.

While weighing on a scale is a way to keep track of the fat you've lost, I recommend using measuring tape instead. Keep track of measurements around the hips, waist, chest, neck, thigh, and bicep monthly. That is what people see, not a bunch of numbers over your head. ;)
  • kathyt08069
    kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like your method, I might just try that this week.

thanks,
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Once a week, early in the morning before eating and after my potty break.
  • kathyt08069
    kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion, I think I will still weigh in but add the tape measure. I tend to gain weight around my waist so seeing that number go down would be fantastic.
  • jerryvo
    jerryvo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh in twice a week Monday morning and Friday morning but I jump on the scale every morning as soon as I get up and right before I go to bed. I have found that I weigh 2-4 pounds more before bed than I do when I wake up. I also like to look for spikes during the week.

Unless you can mentally disregard and not fret over daily fluctuation DO NOT do it daily or you will drive yourself crazy.

I also hate to admit it but I like to weigh myself right before and after a nice poop just for fun and laughs. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • nickyvw
    nickyvw Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    every day.

knowledge is power.

And the geek in me likes lots of data points (they make for pretty graphs)

This is exactly me!

This is me too. Graphs are my buddies! Lol
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I also hate to admit it but I like to weigh myself right before and after a nice poop just for fun and laughs. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    It is pretty interesting if you feel you have an epic one on the way :laugh:
  • rosemary98
    rosemary98 Posts: 632
    Options
    I am now of the mindset daily weighing is appropriate. if you weigh once a week, you may just happen to weigh on a water retention day. If you weigh daily you can see the trends and fluctuations a bit more accurately.
  • RealMattHopkins
    RealMattHopkins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It is pretty interesting if you feel you have an epic one on the way :laugh:

It's FASCINATING to see how much weight you can lose by pooping. LOL