Do you still do cardio if you consumed more calories than you should have?

Options
I suppose it depends on how many calories you consumed over your caloric goal for cardio to make a difference. What is the caloric limit you allow?

Replies

• SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You pretty much answered my question. :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    If I know I'm going to have a big dinner, like today, I might do a little extra workout to make room for the extra calories. But as Ann mentioned doing extra cardio after eating is a recipe for not feeling well.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    There's a better life and we all think about it, don't we. We can't outexercise our food.
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I do cardio no matter what. Everyday. Exercise is for fitness and one of the benefits is a caloric deficit. Low impact cardio such as walking is a great recovery activity and helps with better recovery during resistance training. It's just all around awesome and should not be skipped. It's nice to have biceps and abs but the heart is the most important muscle and should never be neglected.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    What? You exercise... to exercise...
    I'm not sure i understand the question.

But I could never do enough cardio to make up for one of my indulgence days so I typically just move on with life like it didn't happen lol.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    I do cardio just about every day of the year.

I try not to overeat too often because it's uncomfortable.

But if I did overeat, I would likely be doing cardio that day.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I decided the other evening to do a bit of extra rowing because due to some unexpected interventions, I had not exercised that day but had eaten as though I had. Normally I row/workout in the morning before breakfast. Even more than two hours after my meal, rowing in the evening was not the same experience, so I won't be trying that again. A walk after a meal, yes; rowing, no. I do an evening ballet class some weeks, but those evenings I plan things so that I can eat afterwards.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    yes.. you can use exercise to burn more calories so you can eat more calories and still lose.. or not gain. You could do extra cardio during the day before you eat a meal with excess calories. Or, simply exercise more the following days to burn off the calories you over consumed.

the slippery slope is thinking that exercising means you can go off your eating plan all the time.. because you usually end up losing that game.

Just use it as a tool for once in a while.