I lost a whole person! 120 pounds lost! (pics included)

Options

Replies

• halfpint002
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic! And so very well done :)
  • Maribethlove
    Maribethlove Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That was a great story! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And you deserve a much less shallow girl!
  • JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!!!

And I am sorry for saying .... BUT .... you are HOT...HOT... HOT.....:blushing:
  • Briansidney
    Options
    Wow man you did a great job like you I have struggled all my with being overweight due to being raise in a culture that celebrated everything with good food and lots of it . Turning 40 I found myself at 354lbs which prompted me to began the transformation process for the past week I have been eating healthy and exercising daily at day 7 I have lost 3.6 lbs thanks for posting you store it provided me with a boost in motivation
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    ONE OF THE BEST SUCCESS STORIES I'VE EVER READ!!! you have a way with words, sir. made me giggle ;) and congrats on the fabulous lifestyle change!!!
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Way to go! and the future looks great! :smile:
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    What a great success you are -- and you're a fun storyteller! BTW, that girl was right becuase you are really handsome! I'm glad you did it for yourself this time, that means it will last now.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, and I enjoyed reading your story so much, thanks for sharing!
  • jasonalvear
    jasonalvear Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    nice work, man. no homo, but do you have a shirtless pic? you must... every other dude here seems to, lol. I'm curious about how your skin falls now that you've made so much progress

Lol, one would think I might have the topless picture ready to drop on people, but, to me, being such a big guy seems like just yesterday, so I do still kind of have that in my mind when it comes to being half-naked. Still have to kinda make myself take off my shirt when I go swimming, any heavier guy can tell you that is very hard to do when you are not comfortable with how you look. I do take progress pictures for myself at the moment as I don't really notice the changes day to day or even week to week. First one was taken in January 2012, last two were beginning of this week, bear in mind, took a lot of slaps to my face to put these pictures up here, no matter how much time it has been, I am still that shy guy who went swimming with a shirt on :/

835c96bd-13e9-46de-9215-adb9ce4e7888_zps9e042a87.jpg

recent:
    d1384964-3064-43fd-9b11-486778589804_zps27bbc29c.jpg
    e4f1a7bd-e796-4988-be84-b35f2bbe55f3_zps3558243b.jpg

I do not think the skin issue is too bad and I really believe I owe that to taking a slow and steady approach in my weight loss, so my skin kinda shrunk with me to a degree. Anyways, I keep these pictures to myself, but hey, your a fellow warrior on the road to a better you so I am cool posting these up. Thanks man!
  • jasonalvear
    Options
    What an amazing story! I enjoyed the humor lol. No honk but I hope to get my body like yours one day. I've lost 70 pounds but now I'm bulking as you already know since we are pals lol. Great job dude!

Dude I cannot wait for this fall/winter season so I can focus on building muscle, gonna eat all day erry day! lol
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Amazing success!!
  • jasonalvear
    Options
    I can totally relate! I live in SA too and I can do good all week, stay within my calories and workout. But then comes the weekend and my sister calls "hey we bbq'd. come over!" It's so hard not to over do it because I want to eat everything especially all the tortillas! Anyway, I loved your story. You did great :D
    OMG HOW have you not added me!?!?! Ok, I imma add you up, us San Antonio crew members gotta stick together! I do have a free meal out of the week, for mental reason more than anything, can feel a bit "dieted out" after a while of sticking with the plan. Having that scheduled free meal has really helped in curving cravings throughout the week also, it is a good mental break and nice calorie shock to the system too to keep the body working! I can relate, dat texas BBQ is like.... made of magic and childrens laughter... and delicious sweet baby rays bbq sauce, lol.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Damn dude! WTG!
  • looking4au
    looking4au Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great story. Nicely written. Especially got a chuckle out of the cliff note version at the end. What an inspiration you are. Well done!
  • jasonalvear
    Options
    Wow man you did a great job like you I have struggled all my with being overweight due to being raise in a culture that celebrated everything with good food and lots of it . Turning 40 I found myself at 354lbs which prompted me to began the transformation process for the past week I have been eating healthy and exercising daily at day 7 I have lost 3.6 lbs thanks for posting you store it provided me with a boost in motivation

That's awesome man, progress is progress! Take your time, enjoy seeing your body change, that is the funnest part. Be sure to take some pictures for yourself in some god awful HORRIBLE lighting month to month as you keep things going, you will be shocked, it is a great tool I use to keep myself motivated. Add me up brother, just cause I lost some weight does not mean my family stopped inviting me to a bbq every weekend, lol. I need my support group!
  • oreyna
    oreyna Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great Work Man!!! San Antonio Rocks and so does the Food. I can relate being from the RGV. Keep up the great job and intensity!!!
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, you look amazing, well done.

Us girls have got a lot to answer to, messing up guys so they gain weight, lose weight. Etc.... :-)
  • MT30_backbone
    Options
    Great job!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!