22 Pounds in 8 Weeks

Options
I made a promise to my wife that I would put some effort into losing weight after we got married in August. I had been having health problems that my weight may have contributed to, and so I began tracking calories.

My goal is, and always has been to lose 1lbs a week. Despite this, I’ve managed to lose closer to 2lbs a week. I use a food scale to measure out almost everything I eat. I even go as far as making sure meals are split into perfect portion sizes for my me and my wife. For example, first I’ll measure the rice and make sure the portion on both plates is equal. Then the meat, then the vegetables, etc.

There’s some foods I don’t measure, like my daily sandwich. I estimate the cheese and condiment entires based off past entries where I did measure. I will also not measure the soup I eat as I always eat half the can one day and finish the other half the other day. Regardless, I’m eating the full can over two days.

My wife has been doing this just as long as I have but eating at maintenance. She frequently eats under her maintenance goals by a few hundred calories and has lost 7lbs in roughly the same amount of time as me.

Her weight loss seems to match more closely to her caloric intake than mine does (taking into consideration our daily average for each week and how much extra weight we’ve lost). I have suspected for a while that my restless legs might be influencing my daily caloric needs and based off my research it would almost account perfectly for the extra weight loss.

Anyways, my goal is still to lose 1 lbs a week. If I can manage to eat more in a day I would be more than happy too. As it is I’m never hungry and often find myself too full to eat. Big contributing factors to my weight gain must have been the 4 daily energy drinks I used to have and the half brick of cheese I’d eat daily (not really true but I ate a lot of cheese).

54q77vip1kgu.jpeg
7uxuypqkd9u6.jpeg
wd6k5ztsyg39.jpeg
aoiqlgzaqf9s.jpeg

Replies

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Restless legs plus carrying quite a bit more muscle mass can really make a big difference to how many calories you burn per day. I'd personally say that since your weight loss is likely to slow down in the future, as long as you're getting enough nutrients there's no need to force yourself to eat more. Weight loss is frequently faster in the beginning, it sure was for me. Nice progress and good luck with your continued journey to health!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Good job, and good luck. You are off to a great start!!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Great work = - it's not easy, I'm a fellow cheese lover and WINE AND BREAD! makes it a little harder.
    Keep going and congrats!
  • DupreeTheTRex
    DupreeTheTRex Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @stringsNlinks the worst part is my wife got me a cheese of the month subscription for my birthday that arrived two weeks after I started dieting.

I managed to eat all the cheese but the “old” me would have probably gone through 1/3 of the box or more in one sitting. Each box is probably 3000-4000 calories.
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!