Meal prep containers and lids fly around in my dishwasher

Options
My house has pretty awesome water pressure, which is great for showers but terrible for my poor plastic meal prep containers. They get thrown around like extras on the set of Saving Private Ryan. Instead of replacing them all with glass, we bought a weighted net called a Dishwasher Buddy to hold them all down and safe. Unfortunately, our Dishwasher Buddy is falling apart and I can't find a replacement from a reputable website.

Meal preppers of MFP: How do you keep your plastic meal prep containers and lids from pulling an X-games in your dishwasher?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I hand wash them.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I hand wash them at my house. Over at Maw's, I put each lid behind something heavier like a small plate or bowl, no flying around.
  • LAM2011
    LAM2011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I put all mine in top tray and lay a wire grid from my small oven over the top. I rarely use the small oven do it’s clean 😁
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Hand wash too.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Another vote for hand wash. Some containers even instruct you to hand wash because sometimes the dishwasher warps the lids to where they no longer close properly on the containers.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I hand wash, sometimes they get warped in the dishwasher and then the lids don't close properly anymore.