School

Options
I can't wait till school is over for the summer. Actually more like, I can't wait till this class I'm taking is over. I'm very stressed out about it. :sad: So what have I been doing: Not eating well! I can't wait till I don't wake up and think of this class. All I do is work and study. I haven't been excercising as my time not at work is either sleeping or studying. I know its bad, but I just want to do well. May 8th can't come any sooner. I am though trying to at least watch what I put in my mouth now, I have been bad about that too. I am back to where I started in January. No good, but my own fault. So starting today, I will if anything work on what goes into the mouth. This past weekend wan't as good as I wanted either as I went home. Nothing but bad food is ever there. Luckily its once a month and I'll just have a cheat weekend. I know I can't be perfect and I know I am not. I just want to do better than what it has been for the past two months.

Replies

• trishara
    trishara Posts: 91
    Options
    I can't wait till school is over for the summer. Actually more like, I can't wait till this class I'm taking is over. I'm very stressed out about it. :sad: So what have I been doing: Not eating well! I can't wait till I don't wake up and think of this class. All I do is work and study. I haven't been excercising as my time not at work is either sleeping or studying. I know its bad, but I just want to do well. May 8th can't come any sooner. I am though trying to at least watch what I put in my mouth now, I have been bad about that too. I am back to where I started in January. No good, but my own fault. So starting today, I will if anything work on what goes into the mouth. This past weekend wan't as good as I wanted either as I went home. Nothing but bad food is ever there. Luckily its once a month and I'll just have a cheat weekend. I know I can't be perfect and I know I am not. I just want to do better than what it has been for the past two months.
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!!!! I am going to school full time - I have a family (husband, 7 y/o boy and 4 y/o girl). The classes I'm in are VERY hard!! I started with MFP in February - I've lost 5 pounds so far and I just totaled the inches lost and that equals 6.25". It is very difficult finding time to exercise!! I have a test and two quizzes tomorrow - as soon as I get the kids to bed tonight I am getting on the treadmill and reading my notes to study.

My advice for you ...... pack snacks to take with you to school (healthy ones - carrots, almonds, yogurt, etc.) That is what I do - that way I'm not going down to the cafeteria loading up on lots of calories and fat grams. Another thing that I do is butt squeezes and core abdominal work while I'm driving (it is 60 miles one way to school for me - 2+ hours in the car). I study (read notes) while I'm on the treadmill - can be difficult sometimes. I do crunches and push ups after I brush my teeth - right before I go to bed.

Well - those are some ideas for you ...... my last day of actual classes is May 7th - then finals are the following week - I think my last final is on May 15th ....... UGH!!!!!

Good luck to you!!!!
  • trishara
    trishara Posts: 91
    Options
    thanks! I do bring my own dinner with me, especially on thursday nights (I go tuesday's and thursday's) I work 8-5 and school is either 6 to 7:50 or 6 to 9:50. I just did 10 minutes on the bike to get myself back-will be trying harder. But haven't been on it awhile and I can tell.

I have an exam on Thursday. And the final is on the 8th. Can't wait!!!!