People who work at night

Options
Hello,

Anyone here work a job who requires them to work mostly at night and are using this app and are trying to get healthier?

Well I work night shifts and my doctor does not want me to exceed 2,000 calories a day. I don’t think that is realistic.

What do you think?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,284 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what night work has to do with how realistic your calorie goal is. But why would 2000 calories not be realistic? What is your doctor trying to achieve: does he want you to lose weight?

2000 kcal sounds 'realistic' enough, but as for how appropriate that goal is, it would depend on your personal stats, your goal and how active you are in daily life and how much you exercise. So it would be useful to give us more information.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? By "get healthier" do you mean lose weight?
    If so, what's your current height and weight and what's your goal weight?
    What's your daily activity level like?
    2000 calories may or may not be appropriate...it depends on your answers to those questions.
    Ideally, put your stats into MFP and see what calorie target it gives you.

Working at night has its challenges, but it doesn't affect how many calories you need in a day.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I work 11pm to 7am. My diary is open, and my goal is currently 1900 calories per day. As far as "getting healthier" goes... I'm only 5 lbs above the recommended upper limits for my height, so I should achieve that in a a month or so. I refuse to eat any fewer calories because I need to fuel my running. I am working with the TDEE model, so I am not eating calories back - which is why I have selected a relatively higher calorie goal.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    agree with other that more info is needed.
    I work nights 7pm-730a. I eat the same amount of calories everyday. my first shift im hungrier since im up longer. Otherwise its fine.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    I work rotating shifts (so half are night shift, 6p-6a). Not sure why your work schedule would make your calorie needs any different (I've prepped for bodybuilding shows with my schedule & stayed consistent regardless). 2k calories could be entirely reasonable, but that's going to depend on your activity level & stats, not when you punch the clock.