100 pounds to lose challenge!!

brimom19
brimom19 Posts: 78 Member
I have 100 pounds to lose as of today. I originally started at 295 and today I weighed in at 260.6. My goal weight is 160. I realize that my goal weight may change, but right now that is the goal. With 100 left to lose, I know the more personal accountability the better. This challenge is my way to keep myself motivated and determined. Join me if you like. Even if it’s not 100 pounds that you have to lose.

Replies

• Hey wish you all the best! I’m trying to lose a mess of weight myself.
  • Double High Fives to you! I’m with you. My starting weight was 214, currently Im at 209. Let’s do this!
  • brimom19
    Doing good this week. Seriously thinking about going mostly plant based.... some chicken and fish. Beef just seems to sit on me... if that makes since. Really focusing on water intake. Trying to get 100oz a day. Hope everyone is doing well
  • Hi!
    I'm in. I need this. Trying to loose a 100lbs myself. Starting weight was 248 and I'm down to 229.8. Focusing on one day at a time and adopting a healthy lifestyle. Beef seems to sit on me as well so I stick to seafood,chicken and turkey.
  • brimom19
    Sw: 295
    Beginning of challenge 260.6
    Cw : 254.1

Added protein powder to my routine. Orgain organic. It’s plant based... did some YouTube research of the product. I basically use it for breakfast. Everything is going good. My daughter has a baby shower this Saturday and the goal was to be 255 by that date... and I already made that. Hope everyone is doing good.
  • ironman88keys1
    ironman88keys1 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in, challenge accepted. I need to lose 134 lbs by November of next year. Glad to hear you are seeing improvements!
  • Kate_2018
    Kate_2018 Posts: 7 Member
    edited November 2020
    I am in! I usually have people around me that I can count on to help me eat better, work out, etc. But sitting in front of my computer at home all day, cut off from my friends and colleagues, is literally killing me slowly. It is time to reach out! My situation is almost identical to brimom19, except I've put my lost weight back on because of COVID. I just need to stop at the grocery store and I will be ready to go! :)
  • brimom19
    Sw: 295
    CW: 253.7
    I have been doing good the last few weeks. Going pretty strong. I hope everyone is doing good. Y’all feel free to add me on here.
  • Kate_2018
    How is everyone doing? Considering how stressed out I am, things are going well! What is helping you right now?? I am so grateful for mandarin (Xmas) oranges right now!
  • brimom19
    I have had a rough three weeks. The scale hasn’t really moved much. Weird thing is ..... I have been staying on plan. I decided to take a couple of days and just eat and not count calories.... and the scale is moving again.
    Cw 253.3. Not much of a loss since I last commented.... but hopefully it will be moving in the right direction now.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    brimom19 wrote: »
    I have had a rough three weeks. The scale hasn’t really moved much. Weird thing is ..... I have been staying on plan. I decided to take a couple of days and just eat and not count calories.... and the scale is moving again.
    Cw 253.3. Not much of a loss since I last commented.... but hopefully it will be moving in the right direction now.

It was very typical for me to go 3 weeks between scale drops. You lose weight everyday you are in a deficit but the bathroom scale won't show fat loss if you are upticked because of a normal body weight fluctuation. Most often this is water retention.

Read this:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

The fact that you ate unlogged for a couple of days and your weight loss caught up is either coincidence or you relieved some stress that dropped your cortisol levels which resulted in a drop in water retention.

I saw you toying with the idea of moving to plant based. Remember that a large amount of weight loss requires ease and sustainability. If PB is easier that is fine. If it is something you read about that you think you should do for your health I would reconsider. Weight loss is healthy all by itself. I have lost over 250 pounds and I ate as normally as I could for as long as I could. My health and my life have dramatically improved.

• brimom19
    252.4 today. Scale slowing moving
  • Christine4695
    Christine4695 Posts: 20 Member
    I'd like to join! I started 1 year ago. Lost about 35 pounds then stopped in April. Gained some. But re-dedicated myself about 3 months ago and I'm about back to the 35 pound loss. Unfortunately I've been plateauing for about 3 weeks. Started last November at 293 and today I'm 258.8.
  • brimom19
    I
    I'd like to join! I started 1 year ago. Lost about 35 pounds then stopped in April. Gained some. But re-dedicated myself about 3 months ago and I'm about back to the 35 pound loss. Unfortunately I've been plateauing for about 3 weeks. Started last November at 293 and today I'm 258.8.

I have also been plateau-Ing for the last three weeks. Hoping to break that cycle soon. Really watching what goes in this next week. Good luck
  • caitwence300
    caitwence300 Posts: 14 Member
    Tryna lose myself please add me
  • brimom19
    Tryna lose myself please add me

I weigh in officially every Tuesday... but step on the scale almost everyday to hold myself accountable. You can weigh in on whatever day you would like. And feel free to lean on us for support. Good luck.
  • Christine4695
    Christine4695 Posts: 20 Member
    Started the c25k program. Really want to be able to run a full 5k. Used to be able to long ago before I got married. Of course I was a lot thinner then and active duty Navy. I'm hoping a regular running routine along with going to the gym will burn tons of calories and help me lose.

How's everyone else doing today?
  • MarieMarie1818
    MarieMarie1818 Posts: 24 Member
    I’m in!
  • brimom19
    I completed a day under calories. I like the “what you could possibly be in 5weeks” after you complete your food diary. I need to log what it says and see if it is accurate or not. It also means that I need to stay consistent. I worked on my weight loss bullet journal today. Found some great things on Pinterest to print out for it. It keeps me focused on my goals. Hope y’all are having a good week
  • Kate_2018
    I've been really bad about tracking calories. Work was busy so there were lots of days of 9 or 10 hours in front of the computer without any breaks. But things are better this week so there is no excuses not to track or take a walking break! Just trying not to beat myself up about "what I should have been doing"... can't change it now.