What Creative way have you all come up with in Exercising, Exercising during Covid19 On A Budget lol

Options
13»

Replies

• QueenDriventosuccess
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    muszyngr wrote: »
    like you and everyone else I gained weight during Covid and in California we had a double whammy because of the unhealthy air due to the forest fires, so we couldn't even go outside.

To be honest, not everyone has gained weight during Corona. There have been many posts on this forum of people reporting weight loss due to increased time to cook, more mindful eating, more time to exercise, etc.

Accept personal responsibility and move on. If one has gained weight during this and doesn't like it take steps (eat less and move more) to get rid of it.

I can appreciate your post. I was careless and let myself waver,, As much work as it took to get that off im working even holder,, So you are right and I shook it off,, and Got back on my grind. Im glad no one else Gained weight though,, I guess this post was more like okay how are you handling it since covid But thank you
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Nykeyacox wrote: »
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    muszyngr wrote: »
    like you and everyone else I gained weight during Covid and in California we had a double whammy because of the unhealthy air due to the forest fires, so we couldn't even go outside.

To be honest, not everyone has gained weight during Corona. There have been many posts on this forum of people reporting weight loss due to increased time to cook, more mindful eating, more time to exercise, etc.

Accept personal responsibility and move on. If one has gained weight during this and doesn't like it take steps (eat less and move more) to get rid of it.

I can appreciate your post. I was careless and let myself waver,, As much work as it took to get that off im working even holder,, So you are right and I shook it off,, and Got back on my grind. Im glad no one else Gained weight though,, I guess this post was more like okay how are you handling it since covid But thank you

Of course you were not alone in gaining. You're realizing that you let yourself waiver and you're working on it good for you and best of luck.

I'm just personally not a fan of victim mentality.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I am also on a budget. I have been hiking my tush off and I put together a simple lifting program using bodyweight and dumbbells that I had. I will have to buy heavier dumbbells and adjust my program as I get stronger. I quit the gym (no COVID enforcement at my gym) with the money I’m saving bought an aerobics step online for $60. I do free YouTube classes. This was a lifesaver when the forest fires hit and I couldn’t go outside for 6 weeks. This will see me theough when it’s rainy or snowing. I also bought a used spin bike for $175 and took advantage of an offer from Studio Sweat on Demand for 6 months of unlimited spin and other classes for $60. I’m contemplating trying to find an inexpensive squat rack and exercise bench. In the last couple of months I got really lazy and have gained several pounds, so I’m back to eating at a deficit for a while.