Suggestions for a watch for walking?

Options
lgfrie
lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
Looking into getting a watch for my walking. Things it absolutely must have are: heart rate monitoring, speed/pace, and GPS for distance. Things I don't care at all about and won't use are: sleep studies, step counting, email, phone calls, etc. I just need distance, speed/pace, and HR. I'd like to keep this under $150, $100 would be ideal. Any ideas/thoughts on models? Tnx!

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    The basic Garmin Forerunner 35 should work for you, depending on how long you are walking. If you are doing long dayhikes the battery may not be long-lasting enough. Wait and see if it goes on sale before Christmas.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You may have a hard time finding god and hr for $150. Look for used watches from those who are upgrading. Keep an eye on local running and triathlon groups because there are lots of gear junkies looking to upgrade.
    I bought a Used Garmin vivoactive hr That works great for the purposes you mentioned.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit versa 2 that I bought last year at costco for $130. The charge 3 I think was $100. These always go on sale around the holidays so keep watching ads.