i keep overeating (binging??) but i’m not starving myself

Options

Replies

• katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    For your weight and height, with a goal to lose 1lb a week and selecting that you are ‘very active’ in the activity levels field, how many calories does MFP tell you that you should eat?
  • trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    For your weight and height, with a goal to lose 1lb a week and selecting that you are ‘very active’ in the activity levels field, how many calories does MFP tell you that you should eat?

i just set it to very active right now and it’s just over 2,000 cals wheres before i had it set to lightly active (i’m scared incase i over estimate it bc i know that’s a common thing)

i think over the week my cals have probably evened out to a healthy amount each day
  • trulyhealy
    Options
    and when it was set to lightly scrivener it was 1,400** i meant to add to the above comment

i want to focus of volume eating over the next few weeks and see if that helps like eating large portions of healthy low calorie foods
  • trulyhealy
    Options
    WAIT OMGGG

i just remembered when i was quarantined for 2 weeks i ate takeaway food every day and was the only thing i ate bc i woe uo late and then ate it so maybe 2,000 cals a day?? maybe more

and once i started eating healthier again the water retention went down and went from 145 to 143 and i struggled to get below 145 before the quarantine so that must mean i lost weight while eating a lot of cals

sorry thst was confusing but just realised that i lost weight unintentionally while eating a lot of food.

if i increased my calories would the water retention come along with it like what often happens after eating fast food? that’s the biggest thing i hate
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @trulyhealy @lgfrie gave you some good advice. I care. @ trulyhealy. So long now.
  • trulyhealy
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @trulyhealy @lgfrie gave you some good advice. I care. @ trulyhealy. So long now.

i agree that they did give good advice
  • globalc00
    globalc00 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you think your burning in the gym in 3-4 hours and how many calories do you think you burn outside of the gym typically? For your gym session, I would asume it's more than 100 more calories you are eating. Getting on an exercise bike for 15 minutes pedling at 130W would burn more than 100 calories.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    trulyhealy wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    WAIT OMGGG

i just remembered when i was quarantined for 2 weeks i ate takeaway food every day and was the only thing i ate bc i woe uo late and then ate it so maybe 2,000 cals a day?? maybe more

and once i started eating healthier again the water retention went down and went from 145 to 143 and i struggled to get below 145 before the quarantine so that must mean i lost weight while eating a lot of cals

sorry thst was confusing but just realised that i lost weight unintentionally while eating a lot of food.

if i increased my calories would the water retention come along with it like what often happens after eating fast food? that’s the biggest thing i hate

And that in itself is a very clear sign that you're under-eating at 1400 cals.

Water retention from fast food is generally due to the high sodium content. So long as you're within the RDA for sodium, you shouldn't have that issue just with increased calories. You *may* have an initial small uptick in scale weight when you increase cals from additional food in your system and increased glycogen stores (good for all your exercise!), it will even out pretty quickly, but for you I would suggest not weighing yourself for a few days at least.

Also still really think you need to think about seeing a therapist. You must be exhausted by all this stressing yourself out.

i don’t think a therapist will help tbh my relationship with food and calories isn’t awful it’s just because i’m autistic and very matter of fact and like if i plan something and something doesn’t go the way i thkught it’s stressful bc of my autism and autism we can get obsessive over a “special interest”

and i say that bc when i’m not trying to lose weight i honestly don’t care about calories and ate whatever i want irl if that made sense

This information changes things OP. You've gotten very good calorie advice and hope you reach your goal. Best.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    i’ve booked a doctor appointment tomorrow for someone not related but i’ll bring up the body dysmorphia thing. would a general practice (gp) be the right place to do that?

Yes, your GP would be a great place to ask for a referral.

I wouldn't just talk about body dysmorphia though. You can say you have posted multiple threads on the MFP forum where numerous people have suggested you may have an unhealthy relationship with food.