In search of Egg Salad recipe!

hollyntuttle95
hollyntuttle95 Posts: 42 Member
Hello!

I am craving egg salad and wanted to make it for lunches this upcoming week. Does anyone have any healthier but delicious recipes?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,600 Member
    Replace half the mayo with no fat yoghurt. Or google salade nicoise recipes which incorporates boiled egg, tuna, lettuce, blanched green beans, cherry tomato.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited November 2020
    I replaced half the mayo with Greek yogurt once, but didn't care for the taste. Some people don't mind the yogurt switch. I suggest you try a sample to see if you like it before mixing the whole batch.

I add homemade pepperoncini and olives to my egg salad and use only enough mayo to bind the ingredients.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I use light Miracle Whip, dill yellow mustard, chopped onion, salt, pepper, dried dill, and a little dill pickle juice. Just enough enough Miracle Whip and pickle juice to bind everything. We don’t like it really wet. I know a lot of people don’t care for Miracle Whip, but we grew up on it, and like the tangy zip. It was a natural transition to the light variety , and saves a few calories.
  • JuniperBerry01
    JuniperBerry01 Posts: 1 Member
    Replace mayo with light cottage cheese and sprinkle in Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel Seasoning! It's delish--I have it all the time :)
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    edited November 2020
    This is a simply fantastic oil, nut, soy, and dairy-free potato salad recipe that I've been meaning to try as an egg salad too (I'm just going to sub out the potatoes for hard-boiled eggs)
    thought I'd pass it along in case it inspires you. (recipe has calorie and serving size info)
    https://elavegan.com/vegan-potato-salad/