Plateau? Help please

So I’ve lost 10lbs in about 8 weeks. I’m 40, 5’3, female, at 164lbs now. I aim for 1200 cals per day plus exercise cals and I may eat them may not. I’m really diligent about tracking, measuring, weighing food etc so I’m pretty sure of my daily intake. But last week I gained a pound- I was down 11lbs and this week I stayed the same. My job is fairly active- about 6000-8000 steps a day then I do the elliptical for 30 mins a couple times a week and hot yoga at least once a week.
How do I budge this scale and lose the last 20lbs I want?!

Replies

• AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Weight loss is never a nice, smooth line down. In the last 3 months I lost something nearly all weeks, but I still gained one week and plateaued another. That's normal and does not have to mean your body is not losing fat. It can be due to fluctuations due to your monthly cycle,or because of a new exercise regime or certain foods leading to water weight gain.

If I was you I'd do what I have been doing for another week or two before thinking about changing something. After all this has been working for you so far.