82 Pounds down 36.5 Weeks - Taking it SLOW

FlSouthpaw
FlSouthpaw Posts: 11 Member
edited November 2020 in Success Stories
On my 49th birthday I challenged myself to lose 100+ pounds before I turn 50 years old on Feb 26, 2021... It has been a little over 36 weeks now and I have lost 82 pounds as of today... All I have done to lose the weight walk 2 to 3 miles every morning (rain or shine... cold is coming up so I will have to figure that one out) and eat less than 2000 calories per day (1500 is my goal/average)... I am usually under 10,000 steps per day and I eat whatever I want (pizza, bread, junk food, beer) and have tried no specific diets as of yet and it is working pretty well so far. Here and there I binge and go over but always get right back on track. I don't go to the gym or do any other exercise besides walking... I did just recently purchase some resistance bands and plan to use them also. After failing on other fad diets many times by changing what I eat I found my new plan of just eating whatever I want and maintaining a calorie deficit is the best and easiest way for me taking it slow and losing 1-2 per week average.

x81m3a1b9eje.jpg
fll5upl0cq6d.jpg

Please feel free to friend me here on MyFitnessPal as I can always use some more motivation and inspiration...

[link removed by MFP moderator]

Every week has been an adventure and I know when I hit 50 years old I will still be fat and I still have a long way to go so I need all of the help I can get... Thank You and Good luck to everyone here on their weight loss journey...

Mark Lee

Replies

• crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 617 Member
    Great job Mark!! You are doing so well, keep going and keep the faith you will get there!
  • madlyncarr
    madlyncarr Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Mark, I love your method :) I am struggling myself during this covid I put on 20 lbs have a bad hip so that slowed me down when it comes to exercise. I started back to the gym but now I want to work on getting away from the sweets, that's the big problem. but I am proud of your work, I going to try your method without the sweets.
    keep in touch :)
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Nice job! 1-2 pounds a week is a good sustainable rate, and it's amazing what happens when you keep at it. I hope you feel great!
  • FlSouthpaw
    madlyncarr wrote: »
    Hi Mark, I love your method :) I am struggling myself during this covid I put on 20 lbs have a bad hip so that slowed me down when it comes to exercise. I started back to the gym but now I want to work on getting away from the sweets, that's the big problem. but I am proud of your work, I going to try your method without the sweets.
    keep in touch :)

You can do it... I don't eat too many sweets but if I do it's fatfree light yogurt with nut mix and these sugar free Atkins little crunch bites thrown in too... it's yummy...
  • FlSouthpaw
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    Nice job! 1-2 pounds a week is a good sustainable rate, and it's amazing what happens when you keep at it. I hope you feel great!

Basically everything is a HABIT now... good ones though... I get up and walk every day and don't even think about it... I log everything I eat all day in the MFP app which keeps me in line... I think one of the main motivators is the fact I started documenting results on my YouTube channel... and I basically locked myself into being successful by putting my goals and life story out there... lol...
  • You're doing so well! The side on photos show a huge difference, you must feel great :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Great job with your weight loss and starting to build healthy habits like eating in a deficit and daily exercise. As you weigh less pounds your diet will become even more important in your continuing weight loss journey. Just keep at it and you will reach your goal.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Great Job! Can't wait to see your next update!
  • FlSouthpaw
    You're doing so well! The side on photos show a huge difference, you must feel great :)

Thanks... Yeah... I think most of my weight lost came from my back it seems...
  • Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 75 Member
    You look 10 years younger! Great job!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,581 Member
    Great job so far and good on you for realizing that additional speed doesn't always lead to success!
    The willingness to explore, observe, review/analyze, and adjust is an excellent tool!
    Drop by the "larger loser" forum/group... there is a good amount of knowledge there and lots of people losing lots of weight while trying to make it easy on themselves! :wink:
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Inspiring and so relatable for the average guy like me. Having a target is great - mine is to get below 200 pounds :smile:

To be honest I have been a bit lax with eating and logging recently so thanks for the inspiration!
  • js2013ftw
    js2013ftw Posts: 4 Member
    Congrats. This is exactly what I've been doing since late July. Down 40 lbs. Tried many diets over the years: Atkins, South Beach, Bernstein -- none are sustainable (for me) because you're left feeling constantly hungry and deprived. Now, I eat what I want (within reason, obviously) and just keep my calories under 2000 each day. CICO works!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Great job with your weight loss, and thinking ahead to what you will do once the cold weather hits. Cheers, and continued success :):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!