Message to those who regained weight

I feel compelled to say something to those of you who, like me, may have regained some of the weight you lost. I joined MFP in 2010 and in a matter of months lost 30 lbs. I stayed with it and lost another 20 by 2011. I was in the best shape of my life. I maintained a healthy weight for another five years, but then the weight started to slowly creep back on (I was also hitting new PR's in the gym). While I continue to work out to this day, I have regained 40 of the 50 lbs I lost.

But here is what I keep thinking:

Had I not done all that work, I would likely be in a much worse place now. I certainly haven't kept all my eating under control, but many of those good habits I gained back then remain. I still run, I still lift, I still drink lots of water, I still cook healthy meals (even though I might also snack while doing so and I definitely make some poor choices when it comes to eating at restaurants).

I just want to remind anyone else who is in the same shoes as I am that all that work wasn't for nothing. There's more to this than just the scale. And had I not lost that 50 lbs, perhaps I would be 50 lbs heavier now- that would be extremely unhealthy (as opposed to my slightly overweight issue now).

Just a thought!