How?

Options
Unice95
Unice95 Posts: 11 Member
To all the people who are successful...did you stay within your calorie restriction no matter what you ate? And then as time pass by, you became a healthier eater but stayed in your calorie restriction for the day? Please advise, thanks

Replies

• dbletwins
    Options
    I did not/do not stay within my calorie limits. Initially I just watched what I ate and when, along with exercise. Then my trainer put together a sample eating plan for me which amounted to 1200 calories a day. I used that as a guideline. Some days I would meet it, some days I would exceed it and some days I would be under the limit. All along, I kept working out. I have since gone to the paleo diet and I don't worry about calories, but rather what I am putting in my body. And I keep working out.

I think you definitely need to be aware of how many calories you are taking in, and I still use MFP to input my food so I have an idea of where I am. I rarely have to worry about going over what I should with how I now eat, but there are foods that are higher in calorie count than I would have thought and I learn through here that I can't eat 3 servings (almond butter!), one is much better!

I don't think you can disregard calories all together. Very few people are aware enough of what and how much they eat without keeping track in some manner and it's easy to eat 1800 calories without realizing it. I have been fortunate and didn't need to be incredibly strict. But what works for me won't work for the next person.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Eat less ..... move more.

Just start by logging the foods you eat. Some of your current food choices are good, other food choices will surprise you. But, logging food forces you to be mindfull of your eating habits (ie: your portion sizes). Get used to measuring food. Everyday you will find yourself making a better choice here, or a better choice there.

Move more ..... it doesn't have to be dramatic. Just do it. As you become more fit; add more strenuous exercise..... challenge yourself.

There is a learning curve. Just make small improvements here & there..... changes that you can keep for life. Because without lifestyle changes, the weight is likely to creep back up on you.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I manage to stay within my calorie limits 95% of the time. if I go jsut a little over, I go for a walk.

I don't tell myself no for some things (aka birthday cake, the occasional candy bar) That just means I have to cut calories elsewhere.

I use MFP alot like a bank account. I can spend my money (calories) on anything I want, but at the end of the day, if I don't have the money (calories) then I cant buy (eat) something else. it's worked so far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!