Menopausal Mama in Virginia

Options
LoreleiMB66
LoreleiMB66 Posts: 7 Member
edited November 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there. I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey so I'm new to MyFitnessPal. I have no friends! LOL
I had a handle on my weight until I turned 50 in 2016. Menopause hit me like a truck. My thyroid levels and metabolism plummeted and I gained 50 pounds in a year, although my eating habits and activity level hadn't changed. Sure does come on faster than goes off. So now here I am, 54 years old, 210 pounds and feeling like I'm 80. My goal is to get back down to my 2016 weight of 160, which is fine for someone who is 5'8" tall.
I saw my doctor and did the math and put me on a 1200 calorie a day plan. I think I can stick to that. I detest even the idea of exercise but I like to dance. So I added the Body Groove streaming channel to my streaming device so I can get moving and start feeling better.
Feel free to send me a friend request.

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,605 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP .....I turn 50 next month (Where does time go)? Wishing you the very best on your journey .... Sending you a friend request :)
  • hotpepr2018
    hotpepr2018 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I'm 49 and a mom in Virginia also. Today I'm starting my journey to lose the Quarantine 15 that I gained by being in or near the kitchen 24/7 and cooking treats for my family :smiley:

I'm having trouble figuring out how to send friend requests (why is there no button?) but feel free to send me one if I don't figure it out.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I love body groove!! Best of luck!
  • 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/138941-countdown-to-may-1st-2021 We've already started this group, but anyone with any goal is welcome to join at any time for support and accountability :smile: Feel free to add me!
  • Quggin
    Quggin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 myself. Used to be very active on MFP and was pretty successful (262 down to 185) but decided to do what I always do and quit. Got back up to 210. So, I'm back on MFP, and back to doing what actually worked for me, which is weighing my food more than I weigh myself. A food scale lets me know exactly how many calories I'm putting into my body, my bathroom scale only tells me how much gravity if affecting me right at that moment. And there are so many things that can affect that number from day to day.
    I also live in Virginia, and I usually run 3-4 times a week (completed my first half-marathon this year, virtually thanks to covid). Feel free to add me if you want.