Homemade dinner every day for two weeks

Options
hfergie
hfergie Posts: 14 Member
Hi everyone! I’ve determined that one of my biggest pitfalls with weight loss is eating out which I usually do on the weekends. Not a lot of appealing healthy options out there that I’m not already sick of! Anyway my son just got a positive covid test so we are in quarantine for two weeks anyway so I’ve decided to use this ample time at home to make all my meals! I’d love for anyone to join me, especially those who also struggle with the call of takeout! We can also share some recipes for easy quick meals!

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I have eaten homemade dinner (and breakfast and lunch) every day since we went into lockdown at the end of March! My husband and I are usually restaurant frequenters, but ... Fortunately we also enjoy cooking together which has been good since we were able to get back to living in the same place at the end of June. I am not sure what the two of us eat would work for family meals, but your thread title intrigued me. I'd be happy to check in and share recipes/menus, or just to lurk.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    We cook dinner 6 out of 7 nights a week. I like using Saturday takeout for date nights since we can't go anywhere, and learning to make my own sushi has *not* been a Covid project...yet... But I'm willing to check in the other days with my homemade meals! Tonight is a lightened-up lamb tagine over herby baked rice, topped with pomegranate seeds.
  • hfergie
    hfergie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I’m curious to know the state of your restaurants during covid—if they’ve all been closed or just take out only or what? Our restaurants have opened for dine in with limited capacity but we still primarily get takeout. I have five kids with busy schedules so I wasn’t always able to make dinner and sometimes I’m just burned out. Tonight I made clam chowder with homemade bread. So yummy!
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Ours have been open with 50% capacity. I haven’t felt safe dining in though - the people I know who eagerly eat out also say the virus is “just the flu” and get on planes to attend large gatherings. Restaurants do their best to enforce safety measures, but they can’t prevent people who don’t behave safely in general from eating there. We stick to takeout and delivery, which most restaurants around us have gotten down to an art.

Your dinner sounds delicious. Homemade bread has become a much more regular occurrence here since Covid started. It’s a lot easier to plan around rise times when I’m working from home!
  • sasmith150417
    sasmith150417 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eating out is one of my biggest downfalls as well. Im making a big effort to cook at home for my meals. Im in the UK so we can't eat in restaurants at the moment only get takeaway, but nearly all restaurants that never offered take away before are doing it now so its still hard to resist! Ill share some recipes to. I had steak, jacket potato and veg tonight