What's your challenge today?

I've started thinking that it would be nice to have a place where people could share their challenges and resolutions so that others can see they are not alone and perhaps, find ideas for coping, or what happened.

As an example, yesterday, I had a long, stressful day at work. Ideally, afterwards, I should have moved around the house and did some cleaning (I feel better not seeing a bunch of clutter). Instead, I sat on the couch all night and ate the extra piece of pizza (which I basically never do). I am not being hard on the choices I made, it won't do anything good,but it would help to see other people in that situation.

More or less a misery loves company, but putting challenges in place of misery.

Replies

• JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    I've got 3 hours to workout, take a shower, and eat lunch before work.

I'm having the hardest time getting my workout started. It's like this for me before every workout.

My commitment is to do my HASfit YouTube workout before I leave, ideally within the next 30 minutes.

I'm tired, went to bed late last night, overcaffinated and jittery. I know that working out will make me feel better, I just have to move my damn butt.
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    I did my 30 minute HASfit workout. I think that committing to it here helped.
  • Tarkine
    Tarkine Posts: 8 Member
    Fabulous 😃 Thank you for starting this thread. I popped in today to find some support, and this is exactly what I was looking for.
    Yesterday, I had a huge blow out! However, it was super fun catching up with friends, and being able to go out for food and drinks. So, even though I didn't do the exercise or stick to the calories, that's ok, I need to move on....
    Today, a fresh start.... Calories are on track and some gardening is on my list, as it's such a beautiful day outside, so I'm off to potter for a little bit. Enjoy your day 🌻
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 172 Member
    STRESS, NEGATIVITY, EMOTIONS. I live with someone that has anxiety and all this Covid/shutdowns has been taking its toll on him and then me. I apparently reached my limits and fell into my own dark hole and had a meltdown the last few days. While trying to come out of it, I still kept telling myself that I lost myself and I'm not cut out to be a triathlete because I couldn't push through this and I let myself slip for several days.

Both of us are doing better now, but it still was draining.

PS: I don't call myself a triathlete/runner because it's a very defined label, and there's so much more that I am/do.