MFP CANNOT work exactly like Facebook.

Options
2»

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    all i want is to know when someone wrote something on my profile ):

I get an email notification any time a friend comments on my status or writes on my profile. Check your settings.

Yes, but if someone replies to the initial post, there is no notification.

If you post something on a friend's profile, and they answer on their page instead of yours, it would be nice to be notified when they commented on your post.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I get an email notification any time a friend comments on my status or writes on my profile. Check your settings.

If you post something on a friend's profile, and they answer on their page instead of yours, it would be nice to be notified when they commented on your post.
    Yes. Exactly.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Me too, go to Settings/Email preferences and you can select what activity will send you an email notification...

It shouldn't be in an email. It should be right on the site. There is no reason to have to check your email to find out what is happening on a website.
  • amped001
    Options
    I think a "like" button would take away a lot of the sincerity. Not just that the ads would be so annoying. I want to know why fb can't be more like mfp :happy:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that over half of the suggestions for improving/developing MFP were basically "Facebook based" suggestions - people wanted "like" buttons, similar notifications, the ability to upload links and photos the same way . . . but MFP can't straight up replicate Facebook, add a calorie counter, and throw in a fitness theme without serious legal ramifications.

I wish they could, but they can't.

Not to mention that fb sucks.

Some of the features would be nice, but as for the like button, it depersonalizes a lot of the interactions. I would rather tell someone I like something they posted and why.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

This I could use. I post on a lot of people's statuses everyday. I miss a lot of responses. Those who know me well enough know to reply on my wall, or I will likely never see the response.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Love the ticker Special Snowflake! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Good! If it does I'm out. Got rid of FB a while ago and have no interest in going back. :)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Love the ticker Special Snowflake! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Awww. Thanks!

:blushing:
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    what is this "facebook" of which you speak?

Don't worry BrainyBurro - I don't think the idea will catch on . . .