how many lunges for bigger booty

Options
trying to get a bigger booty and was told lunges work better than squats, both regular and side lunges, how many every other day to make a difference?

Replies

• Mazintrov13
    Mazintrov13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    To build muscle you ideally need to follow a weightlifting program utilising progressive overload. I would highly recommend checking out Bret Contreras on Instagram. You can find his program Strongcurves through google.
    Body weight excersises are fine to start with but you will need to add weight eventually.
    Also remember squats and lunges are knee dominant movements meaning they are working both quads and glutes primarily. In Bret’s programs there is a specific structure of thrust or bridge movements (hip thrusts/Glute bridges), knee dominant (lunges/squats and their variations), hip dominant (deadlifts/back extensions/pull throughs) and abduction movements.
    It’s also important to make sure your glutes are firing correctly (not sure if your new to lifting? This may not be a issue)

I am not sure if you are looking to lose/gain weight but either way make sure you are getting enough protein. I think it’s around 0.8-1 gram per pound of body weight.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Progressive program, squats and lunges will both work. I do a 4 day split (upper day/lower day). I don’t do lunges (they bother my knees no matter what I try).

You also need to eat sufficient protein for muscle growth/recovery. .8-1gram per lean lb of body weight.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It just tickles me women are working for a bigger booty when I’ve worked so hard to get a smaller one.

Grass is always greener......

Lol! Me too! I was so happy when my butt started to shrink. I want to tone it up a bit, but mine is still larger than I would like it to be.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    There isn't a answer to your question with the info you have given. Lack of training history, nutitrition, etc...

Beat answer I can possibly give you is it depends.

That is like asking how many miles until my car will run out of gas without stating how much gas in the tank, type of car, type of terrain, how many passengers, city or highway miles, etc...

Generally speaking I would never recommend one movement or lift for a specific goal as you stated. I would concentrate on a well balanced routine that involves several lifts and variations with appropriate intensity within a wide variety of rep ranges. Then apply patience and adjust your stimulus accordingly.