Frustrated

I seem to gain a bit of weight when I exercise and eat right. What is the cause of this?? I don't know if I am gaining muscle and that's the reason??? I workout about 4 -5 times per wk.. /am a runner. AND I don't eat junk food or desserts. Can anyone help? Thanks

Replies

• weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    As well as looking at the weight it might be worth looking into body fat percentage, this will indicate if it is fat or not.
    Hope this helps
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    You are likely retaining water from the workouts. You didn't give much information, but how long have you been working out? Did you just start? Give it 4-6 weeks. You are only going to gain fat if you are overeating - you can still go over your calories without desserts and junk food, which would cause a gain.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    It's very likely water retention. That being said, I never know what "eating right" means. You can overeat "healthy" foods and cause a weight gain. Also, if you're eating at a deficit and doing cardio only, it is incredibly unlikely you've gained any muscle.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    It's very likely water retention. That being said, I never know what "eating right" means. You can overeat "healthy" foods and cause a weight gain. Also, if you're eating at a deficit and doing cardio only, it is incredibly unlikely you've gained any muscle.

This. Just because you "eat right", you aren't necessarily eating at a deficit. If you want to lose weight, you need to count calories. End of story.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    An open diary might help.