Vitamin D

2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    JoMc1219 wrote: »
    I was also diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency several years ago. Its down again with my recent annual physical so instead of 1000 iu, I have to take 4000 iu. When it happened a few years ago the corrective dose was 50,000 once per week for 6 months. Apparently, building it up with foods and sunshine is not a quick process.

I don't take a supplement but living in Texas keeps me up on the Vitamin D levels. Sun is out and shining and hot even today in November. Some people's skin and body's intake of Vitamin D is also different as I have a friend who says she has to take excessive amounts of Vitamin D because her body doesn't process it well. So there's that!

As my oral surgeon says, "You're not out in the sun naked." Or you might be. Who knows?

I tested normal but I don't heal very well so I'm taking 5000 ui a day and it's helped.

When I lived in FL I was in the sun naked, but no longer. And since I moved back to MA I've had three skin cancers removed. While I'm outside every non-rainy day, I'm not getting much sun exposure.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,997 Member
    I eat a lot of fish and salmon and, as a naturist, I walk/lay around naked in the sun ALL DAY during the summer and I still need to take VitD supplements

LOL! ;)