Hiding other users generic diary updates from my news-feed?

Options
mw00087
mw00087 Posts: 46 Member
Hi guys!

So, this is a bit random but essentially I hide my diary updates from my newsfeed as I feel like it would spam other peoples' newsfeeds to push it out daily as my diary is private; so there's really no real benefit for them to see it. I share my weigh-ins and blog post updates.

What i'd like to know is if it's possible to hide other peoples' completed diary entry posts for example, and only see people's weigh-ins, blog posts etc.

Does that make sense?

I don't want to block someone entirely just the generic "X completed diary today".

Thanks all! :)

Replies

• Ikeeptrying2
    Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't believe option settings exist for what you do/don't see posted from other users. It's all or none based on their privacy newsfeed setting and what they decide to share.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Just as you control what updates you share to your newsfeed, others control what they share. You’re not able to block/hide certain types of posts from others.

You’ll just have to scroll extra fast by the ones you don’t want to see.

For some people, a post that they closed their diary acts as a type of accountability. People who may be looking to log more consistently (or completely) may find that posting that update to the newsfeed acts as a way to show they did log that day.

I don’t know if that may help make those posts less of an eyesore for you?

People are motivated or encouraged by different things for different reasons. And we each make this space our own. So we are all likely to see posts that aren’t the same info we might share-but they are important to the person who is sharing them.