Run 100 miles in September

Options
I have set the goal to run 100 miles in a month a few times and haven't achieved it yet. I am going to try to do it again for September. I know it is about a week away, but I wanted to get it out there and see if anyone wanted to join me. Either way I am determined to do it this time. 25 miles a week shouldn't be so bad.

Replies

• smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Awesome goal. How do you think you are going to break it up? I'm currently doing 3/5/3/rest/7, next week is 3/6/3/rest/12
  • smerkord
    smerkord Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have run 3 half marathons this year and figure for this last one I want to go in more prepared. I am never properly trained up to the mileage. I have a 4th one October 20th, so I will have long run days once a week. 8, 9,10, 11 in September. So likely I will divide 3 more runs up that week, and add it to the long run to make 25. 6/5/6/rest/8 maybe the first week. 5/6/5/rest/9 second week and so on.
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Nice. I'm following Hal Higdon's Novice Marathon program right now and when I started it I was kinda taken aback by the 3 mile runs during the week (they felt short). Now though I look forward to the shorter runs as a chance to work on speed, and in just a few weeks I was seeing my mileage increase dramatically. I started on week 4, last week I ran my first 13.1 distance (but was only scheduled for 10!)
  • spaceyplum
    spaceyplum Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's a great goal! I would love to try for the 100 this month myself but we took off a week to work on the new house my bf purchased and I doubt I'll get much running done that week considering all the work we have to do. I would love to do it before the year is out so maybe I'll try for October. The closest I got was in June when I ran 89.9 miles.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I think I can do this because I'm training for a half in October as well :) I'm also doing a 14k in September.
  • smerkord
    Options
    Any other takers? (Shameless bump)
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think I may try as well but may do 4 miles every day, no rest. My goal on Dec. 30, 2012 was to run at least 2 miles every day of 2013. I ran for 125 days straight and one day I decided to stop. Not sure why?

Lets do it.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Oh for sure, 25 miles a week is easy...cause I'm training for my 3rd marathon :happy:
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    I will try this... Good challenge and like you I haven't managed it yet.
  • smerkord
    Options
    Ambitious September running schedule to meet 100 mile goal.

8/Rest/6/5/Bootcamp/6/Rest/Bootcamp
    9/Rest/5/6/Bootcamp/5/Bootcamp
    5k/Rest/5/5/Bootcamp/5/Bootcamp -this week no long run because of a 5k race, but I have an extra Sunday in the month(phew)
    10/Rest/5/5/Bootcamp/5/Bootcamp
    11/Rest --End of September
  • gargoylekitty
    Options
    Oh for sure, 25 miles a week is easy...cause I'm training for my 3rd marathon :happy:

Same here!

Also, would be kicking it off with a half on September 1st. I'm in!
  • runninghealthy
    runninghealthy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to run 124 miles in september for marathon training, but also have to travel a lot for work this month, so I'm in for the challenge of making all my miles despite travel (and jet lag...)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm in I'll give it a go it's my birthday and wedding anniversary in September so that can be my present to myself. I'm a reasonably new runner but I think it's doable the way I'm going.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Ok - I will try this! I am a pretty new runner... am going to be doing the Hot Chocolate Run in Chicago in Nov - so a steady schedule of running will help... now just to figure out a schedule.... will keep following this post to see what others are doing.
    This is also my birthday month and I have a wedding in a diff state... but I can do this!
  • lilyp91
    lilyp91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Training for my second marathon right now and am at the halfway point this, so 25 miles a week or more has become standard!
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I ran over 100 miles in May and June, but not in July or August. Would like to challenge myself again!!! Currently training for the Baltimore Half - Oct 12!!!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I'm game. Training for a half marathon in October so this is a good goal for me to shoot for.
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm game! I currently do 10+/R/3/R/5/3/R and I'm training for a half marathon for the end of September. It is a cool goal to have! Wish I'd thought of that sooner :smile:
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I did 145km last month, only up to 110 in August though. (Not gonna do the math just now).
    So 100 miles ought to be achievable, but not a piece of cake :bigsmile:
    Currently i usually run 5,R, 8, 5, R, 18, R (km that is), but am wanting to up it a bit...

ETA: anyone on Nike+? - I am thinking of setting up a challenge... (Schoggifroeschli)
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Great goal! My goal for September is 60 miles and 13.1 of them will be completed at my first half marathon on September 1st :)