Should I be 'Uping' my cals??

Options
2»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This. TDEE - 15%. Do not eat extra cals for exercise (assuming that you counted them in your TDEE.) Your amount of exercise sounds fine.

I don't eat back my burned cals - no I didn't count them in my TDEE - I put 'sedetary/low exercise' for that to maximize cals burned while exercising...

I'll try the -15% and see what happens.. thanks for your help.

The point of TDEE is to include your exercise.

I was told to mark sedetary so you can loose faster... Actually I read it on a TDEE website a couple of times.

That defeats the purpose of using TDEE otherwise it is the same as using MFP and you should eat the cals back. The less you have to lose, like you do, the closer you should be eating to true TDEE including exercise to avoid losing lean muscle as you lose fat.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This. TDEE - 15%. Do not eat extra cals for exercise (assuming that you counted them in your TDEE.) Your amount of exercise sounds fine.

I don't eat back my burned cals - no I didn't count them in my TDEE - I put 'sedetary/low exercise' for that to maximize cals burned while exercising...

I'll try the -15% and see what happens.. thanks for your help.

The point of TDEE is to include your exercise.

I was told to mark sedetary so you can loose faster... Actually I read it on a TDEE website a couple of times.

TDEE means Total Daily Energy Expenditure. It includes all activity including exercise.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    with only 15ish lbs to lose I would suggest changing to TDEE -15%.

For your intake, are you weighing solid foods and measuring liquids? If not you are probably eating a lot more than you think you are.

This. Welcome to the world of slooowww progress. That last bit is always the hardest to get. Keep at it with the strength training though. My wife has found that, while she thought she needed to lose 15 lbs, with doing heavy weights and only losing 5 lbs she is much happier with what she sees in the mirror. Good luck to you.
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ok I got the message - thanks to all of you!! I'm trying to eat more and including my burned cals. I really appreciate all the words of wisdom from everyone on here... I have alot to learn about this whole weight loss/life change thing - and if it wasn't for people willing to give their knowledge, etc others wouldn't realize what they are doing wrong or right.

I did eat more cals yesterday (after reading the many posts on here) - even though I have to admit it was hard... but when I got on the scale today it was down a half lb......

Again - thanks to you all for your knowledge and willingness to voice it...