NO HOPE !!!!

Options
well ... i kinda want to loose a lot of weight:ohwell: ... like i used to weigh 242 lbs at 18

now i'm 19 and all i lost was 22 lbs so i weigh 209 lbs and now i'm 19 ...:embarassed:

I told myself :-

when i reach 198 lbs i will eat .......................................... chelow kabab :heart:

when i reach 187 i will eat ........................................... maya's special waffles with ice cream and chocolate :love:

when i reach 176 i will eat ................................ that's it ... haven't thought about it yet :embarassed:

my goal is to reach 132 lbs but it seems impossible :grumble: specially ... I HAVEN'T LOST ANYTHING THIS WEEK :sad: NOT EVEN 0.5 IBL !!!! :cry:

THIS DROVE ME MAD ... it pushed me to walk for two hours !!! plus, doing sit ups ... :cry: i really want to loose atleast 33 lbs before my first day in college- second year- and it's only 6 WEEKS AWAY !!! :sad:

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    You can do this, girlie. I started at 248. It's a long, hard road, and sometimes it's gonna suck. There will be days you won't want to get out of bed to workout, but those are the days you end up doing the best and kicking butt. I started in October, and I'm still plugging along. Remember: slow, but steady, wins the race. Fast & furious burns out, gets lazy, and takes a nap.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    if I could make a suggestion....try not to make your rewards food related. You don't want to reinforce your mindset that equates food with positive feelings, so when you're feeling badly you're more likely to overeat for comfort.
    Maybe you could get a mani/pedi when you reach 198...and when you reach 187, treat yourself to a massage or a new pair of shoes...maybe a new iPod or something when you reach 176.
    Good luck with your weight loss!
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    dont get discouraged.....just remember that we shouldnt be so focused on the scale as long as we are putting in the exercise and staying within our calories......i've heard that everyone hits a plateau so maybe you need to change up in your eating routine or workout routine......Just stay positive, stay focused and no matter what....DONT GIVE UP>>>>>
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    i agree with the different treats for your goals reached....i did a facial my 1st 10 lbs....my 2nd 10 lbs is a honey wrap and my 3rd 10 lbs is going to be a new outfit and some jewelry to accessorize.....
  • MarieS1967
    MarieS1967 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well there is always hope! You need to focus on what you really want - like to be healthy and fit. Why are your goals food? You should try to focus on non-food rewards.

Example: When I lose 10 lbs I will get a manicure, etc. When I lose I will get a massage, etc.

Focus on healthy choices and portion. Keep exercising - even if your choice of exercise is walking. You and only you have to want this for yourself. Like working hard and going to college. You can do this - FOCUS!

Take care and keep up the good work! (Yes, it is work!) :wink:
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    if I could make a suggestion....try not to make your rewards food related. You don't want to reinforce your mindset that equates food with positive feelings, so when you're feeling badly you're more likely to overeat for comfort.
    Maybe you could get a mani/pedi when you reach 198...and when you reach 187, treat yourself to a massage or a new pair of shoes...maybe a new iPod or something when you reach 176.

Agreed. Treat yourself with other things besides food. And remember to take this one day at a time. If you think of it as a huge mountain to get over all at once, it's very overwhelming, but if you think about just taking one step up the mountain at a time, it's totally doable. You just have to stay positive, keep your chin up, and don't give up! Even when you have bad days or bad weeks, just keep on going. Don't give up if you feel like you ate bad for a weekend or something. Just accept it and move on. You just have to take care of yourself and start loving yourself! Good luck! And YES, YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • AMSull19
    AMSull19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    totally agree your rewards should not be food related. You should pick things that will make you feel good and boost your confidence.

Dont get discouraged and try not to set unrealistic goals, that only sets you up for disappointment. Instead of getting upset about not having lost 1/2 a pound think positive about the progress youve made so far and consider that maybe you just hit a plateau and need to switch something up.

Good luck, stick with it :happy:
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    you can do it. remember after time your body adjusts to whatever you are doing. mix it up. change you're work out. go from walking to biking or jogging or swimming....or even just add some weight training... like i picked up a punching bag.. i love that thing.. helps with coordination and works the arm muscles. doesn't have to be a drastic change just something to get your body back into motion. from the looks of it you've done great so far.. keep it up .. dont get discouraged. and i agree with not making food the reward. how about a spa day, a new workout outfit, or just new clothes... a massage.. something to make you feel good about what you've done without setting you back.. now thats not to say you shouldn't enjoy a sundae now and then or whatever, but not as a reward. but there is always hope. keep up the good work
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    you can do it. remember after time your body adjusts to whatever you are doing. mix it up. change you're work out. go from walking to biking or jogging or swimming....or even just add some weight training... like i picked up a punching bag.. i love that thing.. helps with coordination and works the arm muscles. doesn't have to be a drastic change just something to get your body back into motion. from the looks of it you've done great so far.. keep it up .. dont get discouraged. and i agree with not making food the reward. how about a spa day, a new workout outfit, or just new clothes... a massage.. something to make you feel good about what you've done without setting you back.. now thats not to say you shouldn't enjoy a sundae now and then or whatever, but not as a reward. but there is always hope. keep up the good work
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Umm, hello? "All I lost was 22 pounds" Really?? That's a heck of an accomplishment! You may have hit a plateau or had a few days of not so great eating/exercising, but hop back on the wagon and keep at it!! If you REALLY want it you can REALLY do it. Adjust your attitude to a more positive one, admit the road is going to be a long, and then plow ahead!

You CAN do this... if you want to.

L
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I just hope you don't get discouraged and give up. Please keep going. You have your whole wonderful life ahead of you. I agree with other posts and treat yourself to something besides food. It is hard to get the focus off food, but once you do it your whole life will change. Exercise will become a priority and food will be secondary...substance to stay alive and give you energy. You have already lost 22 lbs...how awesome is that!!! Just think after you lose 22 lbs more...how long will that take you? You will have weeks that you don't lose. I've heard that you need to switch it up....up your calories a bit the next week and the exercise, then go back down the next week. Add me as a friend!!!!
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Remember: slow, but steady, wins the race. Fast & furious burns out, gets lazy, and takes a nap.

Brilliant.
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    33 lbs in 6 wks is not a healthy goal. sorry. the most you should try to lose is 2lbs a week preferably 1 lb a week. Drastic weight loss never stays off. far better to eat healthy and lose slowly while learning a new lifestyle that will ensure you can maintain your new weight once you get to your final goal. good luck and don't stop.
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    all of the above is really good - just remember to keep your goal in sight and keep it realistic. for me, 33 lbs in six weeks would be impossible. I would shoot for 3 lbs a week. You have done incredibly well - keep at it - you can do it :happy:
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    You can do it! I'm impressed with the 22lbs! When I started I weighted 202 and then lost 15lbs. Since then I gained all of it back so I'm at ground zero. I'm discouraged, but am going to keep plugging away. I hope you do the same. Take care!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Losing 22 pounds is definately something to be proud of! I know what you're going through.. I wanted to reach certain weights by certain times and I didn't meet those "deadlines" I gave myself and I'd get upset and not lose anything for a while. I started my journey at 19 weighing 245. It's taken me a while to lose 50 pounds, but I'm not really strick on myself and I still constantly lose. It's just a little slower.

Try not to look at the end result but the journey and day to day things it will take to get you there. It can be so overwhelming to think you have to lose XX pounds, but focusing on eating right and exercising daily or trying to lose 5 pounds at a time and you'll be much more successful! You can definately do it, and you know that since you've already lost 22 pounds! Just keep up the great work!:smile:
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

I agree 100 percent with this!!:wink:
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I agree with all the above posters!

Don't make food your reward. Food is only a fuel for your body while on its journey in life.

Take small chunks of weight you want to lose and do mini-goals. I have 54 more pounds to go, but I look at 5 more 10 pound successes, instead of that big "54" !

I also agree that 33 pounds by September is outrageously hard on yourself, without getting sick. You don't want to spend your first year of college making up work, because you started off sick. Do yourself a favor and BE KIND TO YOU! Give yourself the credit that you HAVE lost 22 pounds. You haven't GAINED 22 pounds. You KNOW you can do it, but instant gratification is NOT the healthy way to do it. (As tempting as it may seem!)

Be strong, and keep up the hard work. Like (I think) DrBorkBork said, it will suck at times and there WILL be times that you just want to cover your head with your blankets, THOSE are the times that you need your support system (all of US) the most! And we will be here for you, trust me! You are here on MFP site, so you know how powerful the power of positive thinking can be! YOU CAN DO THIS!! PMA = Positive Mental Attitude!! Good luck : )
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Remember: slow, but steady, wins the race. Fast & furious burns out, gets lazy, and takes a nap.

I love this line!:laugh:
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Please don't make your rewards food related! It will only make you back track, the whole point of trying to lose weight besides vanity reasons is how much better you feel. If you eat all those ice creams and waffles it will make you feel bloated, and probably make you gain weight back. Now don't get me wrong I think every once in a while you should find a way to eat the foods you like, foe example make you own smoothie with splenda or something, so you can fix your cravings for sweets.

Also you CAN train your body to NOT crave foods. I work in a restruant and all I see is PASTA everyday! but if I stop eating the pasta eventually you will not want it/