Mio Sport HRM watch

Options
I just received the Mio HRM watch and I really really enjoying it so far. My only question is how do I go about posting my calorie burned for the day. Does anyone else use this? How do you log your information?

thanks!!

Replies

• thomasjohnlynch
    thomasjohnlynch Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The MIO Alpha is simply a Heart Rate Monitor. I have been using Polar and Wahoo Heart rate monitors for many years. The Polar will capture and log workouts and etc, you can then post them to the Polar proprietary website and look at it or manually enter it into MFP or something. With Wahoo (it has NO watch or recording capability and is just an ANT or Bluetooth Hear Rate Monitor (tranducer/transmitter actually) you can get an app that records and logs and then you can manually enter it into MFP. OR you can get an iPhone or android app that records and logs and then "shares" data with MFP. One of those APPS is DigiFit.

I have been using DigiFit for years and now MFP for a year or so. This after many years on Livestrong recording food intake and then manually entering workouts.

So 2 things have happened for you. 1) MFP and DigiFit talk to each other. So one can record and calculate you calorie expendeture and burn. And MFP will "import" or grab the DigiFit data from your DigFit account/page and put in right in under exercise. that with your recorded food intake will give you an accurae NET calories for you. 2) MIO Alpha work GREAT with DigiFit and a bunch of other Apple or Andriod device apps that ALSO link to MFP. so you have choices.

Three other things on DigiFit and why i finally settled on it. 1) it has fitness check programs that set its VOm2 levels for YOU so you get accurate calculations. this with the Alpha MIO no strap but accurate heartrate measurements mean - GOOD DATA!. 2) DigiFit is meant for INDOOR and OUTDOOR exercise where you may or may not have a GPS signal or even CARE about distance in your exercise. 3) as with many indoor and outdoor exercise situations MANY apps rely/need/require (like MapMyFitness) and will not tell you calories burned or give you a running calorie total until AFTER you end the exercise and the WEBSITE/central system calculates, and logs your exercise and returns the data. With bad cell connections, no wifi, indoor hotel limitations etc. etc. this was a DEAL BREAKER for me. (elmundo, runskeeper or whatever all seemed to not support indoor activities or no cell/web coverage etc updates. May have changed but i had helpdesk and comments to all of the ones i tried.........bbzzzzzt no reply so i switched.

Mio Alpha for heart rate, iphone with digifit runs the exercise recording app. and you track food and etc with MFP that also pulls in the exercise from DigiFit. Working well for me for about 2 months with the Mio Alpha. (btw LOVE the rechargable battery with no stinkin coin slot 8 dollar batter access like the Wahoo and Polar Chest straps)