Chocolate lovers

Options

Replies

• alevbrant
    alevbrant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My chocolate stash is an open secret in this house! Only dark high quality for me. It is my weak spot. I have a chocolate protein smoothie every morning. It is full and satisfying with lots of fiber and very little, if any sugar. I try to find healthy ways to eat t, and I've been trying to stick to the Keto diet as well. The Lily's brand is pretty good for a keto friendly alternative. I also like to put cocoa in my oatmeal, but since Keto I haven't had oatmeal. Suddenly I am missing it!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    The Dutch traditionally eat chocolate sprinkles called hagel or hagelslag on buttered bread for breakfast. They’re not the hard tasteless little sprinkles we are used to. These are soft, pure chocolate and come in dark, milk, white (and fruit flavors, if you roll that way.). There’s also a larger, shaved chocolate curls version.

Also known as "muizenstrontjes" (mouse droppings) where I live :lol: They are yummy indeed!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,933 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I’ve tried a lot of different brands of dark chocolate individually wrapped candy. Probably most of the readily available brands. I always go back to Dove Promises, dark chocolate caramel with sea salt. I like dark chocolate truffles too and good brownies. I’m not much of a cake fan. I do prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate.

I always have a dish of Dove Promises dark chocolate in my living room. I can eat two (80ish calories) slowly and be completely satisfied. Especially good with a cup of tea.

I like Dove Promises dark chocolate but they are hard for me to eat slowly. I've had success with Ghirardelli squares or chips.

I couldn't have them in view though :)
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

I also like chocolate hummus, but only the one from Trader Joe's that isn't super sweet.

Chocolate hummus is a thing? I've never seen it where I live (NZ). How does a sweet hummus work? I'm intrigued because sweet treat but chickpea protein...

Here's a recipe to make it yourself:
    https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/chocolate-hummus/#tasty-recipes-82868

I would probably go a lot lower on the sweetener, myself. It's great with pretzels or fruit.

I used to make a lot of nut butters and sometimes I would add cocoa, but not any sweetener. I would occasionally add mint extract or cinnamon with the cocoa.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Do you all find it to be GENERALLY true that more women prefer dark chocolate and more men prefer milk chocolate?

I know it's not absolute, but it seems to be true anecdotally as far as the people I know who have a preference.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Not in my case. I prefer milk chocolate. I love the mouth feel and creamy taste. I like some brands of dark, but I can't eat very much of it - which really is a good thing :).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,609 Member
    Options
    I prefer milk chocolate, too. I usually have to be pretty desperate to eat dark chocolate altho I just found out godiva dark chocolate is pretty palatable.
  • glassyo
    Options
    You know what's really good? Blue Diamond unsweetened chocolate milk. I could barely taste the difference and it seemed creamier than the regular flavor.
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Not a lover of dark chocolate either its just too bitter. What I love about chocolate is whats summed up in good european milk chocolate, creamy, soft, sweet, melty and smooth. You just don't get that from dark chocolate imo. I can't stand American milk chocolate though its too oily and over sugary, dairy milks are ruined now Cadbury is trying to fit the US Market. I try to allow for a proper chocolatey treat most days even if its just a cup of instant hot (milk) chocolate. Lindt or Milka are my all time favourite chocolate brands.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,520 Member
    Options
    Why decide? Milka Trioladen bars are to die die and have layers of white, milk and dark, and I’m tearing up just thinking about one.

Otherwise.......Milk chocolate for this chick.
  • glassyo
    Options
    I kinda wonder if women (I'm assuming on here) say they prefer dark chocolate because we're on a health and wellness site and it's supposed to be better for you. (Plus they maybe lost the taste for the more sweet milk chocolate?)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I've always preferred dark chocolate since I was a kid (no clue at the time it was supposed to be better for you, and to be honest I'm skeptical about that now). I like milk chocolate too, however.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,721 Member
    Options
    I used to love Cadbury Dairy Milk and the mini eggs, ut just looking at ingrediants I would not enjoy. Endangered Species has pretty good chocolate, I usually go for the true dark and unsweetened or with stevia
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    i can do good quality milk chocolate.... but milk chocolate hershey's or cheap chocolate is a no go
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    What are your favorite brands of chocolate chips?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,520 Member
    Options
    What are your favorite brands of chocolate chips?

Easily available ones. When I’m frantic.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have been know for dump semi-sweet chocolate morsels in creamy peanut butter and eat it with a spoon ... very good
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I'm not really a huge fan of chocolate. I will have it sometimes though. I do like certain types of chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate donuts and chocolate milk.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I never eat chocolate chips unless they are in cookies. I have a bag of Ghirardelli chips I bought to make cookies with a while back and didn't make the cookies and haven't touched the chips.