Getting back on track

Options
Ciao a tutti! I’m here to get my health back on track! I quit drinking my beloved vino in September of 2019, and in six months I lost 30lbs. Even through moving my three grown sons to where they all live now, the death of my MIL, the death of my FIL, our youngest losing a dear friend after his friend and other teammates were struck by a drunk driver, and our subsequent move back to our favorite duty station in Italy, I didn’t drink!

Just a few weeks after our move back here we went into a complete country-wide lockdown! The only stuff we had in our small temporary apartment on our base, was what we brought with us in our suitcases. Our dogs ‘loved’ it! Suffice to say my ‘coping’ mechanism once again became wine!

It’s time to let it go again! I feel like sh**, I look like sh**, and I’m too old to keep this up!

I hope all is well with you all, and I know things will get better in this crazy big/little world of ours!

Replies

• amyable816
    amyable816 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, and you can do this! You've been through so much already, this one might take time and patience, but it can happen, and every little goal you hit will motivate you to go after more!

I am approaching 50 and decided that I wasn't going to hit that milestone in the worst shape of my life! I've lost 30 pounds, I rarely drink (now), and I have about 30 more to go. Just had surgery, so my activity is limited for now... but I'm ready to take of when I have the "all clear!"