Calories

Options
Hi all, I've been on my weight loss journey for 4 weeks, there so so much info out there on how much calories you should have, calorie deficit!!! I eat around 1500 calories and burn 2000-2200, I haven't seen the scales move but feel like I've lost weight, can anyone help on what calories are needed, I'm being told to eat less 🤷🤷🙈

Replies

• ThePigMama
    ThePigMama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Did you put in your current stats into MFP when you set up your account? How many calories did it recommend?
  • cuppolou
    cuppolou Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I did all that, then was told to lower in my intake 😣🙈 I get told so many different things I'm in a head spin I think
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food with a food scale? Select accurate entries from the database? How are you “burning” 2000-2200 a day? Is that what a fitness tracker is telling you? Is it from exercise or is it including the calories you burn by just being alive?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Your current weight, height, age, and activity level are going to dictate your calories.....no one can give you this answer without more information

If your maintenance calories are 2000, and you eat 1500 - this is a 500 calorie deficit. Repeat for 7 days, and this will be 1 pound loss. However, weight loss is not linear. Water weight will fluctuate; sodium, sore muscles, hormones. Expect a TREND of about 1 pound a week over several weeks.

If you are not losing - how are you measuring your intake? Are you weighing foods with a digital food scale? Check your entries, plenty of things in the database here are wrong.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options