Feeling sick need to get better

Options
I eat like crap. I yoyo and then binge and I’m sick I just feel sick all the time. I’m 36 and 220 lbs I’m sure some of the general sickness is the weight. But I’m done I feel so yuck all the time. Please share what foods make you feel great ? I’m going to just eat the best feel good foods I don’t care if they are raw fruits and veggies I’m done. I hate this feeling like I’m dying or always just sickish. What made you feel better please share

Replies

• WickedWitchy13
    WickedWitchy13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah I need to change I’m trying to amp myself up. I just feel like crap. And “nothing “ is wrong with my blood work and such just my weight. I’m just stubborn I guess hard to believe I feel like crap being fat I guess
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Are you active at all. I found eating a small deficit lead to less binging. I also started walking 10 minuets at a time, and slowly added to that. first it once in the morning, than morning and evening. Start tracking your food on here. Get a food scale and weigh everything. Very small changes add up to very big success. I still have my favorite food everyday. I just weigh it and make it fit with in my calorie goals.
  • WickedWitchy13
    WickedWitchy13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    Are you active at all. I found eating a small deficit lead to less binging. I also started walking 10 minuets at a time, and slowly added to that. first it once in the morning, than morning and evening. Start tracking your food on here. Get a food scale and weigh everything. Very small changes add up to very big success. I still have my favorite food everyday. I just weigh it and make it fit with in my calorie goals.
    Not active very much. When I’m active we are hiking or walking or bike riding but most of my time is spent working at a computer sitting at a desk
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I eat like crap. I yoyo and then binge and I’m sick I just feel sick all the time. I’m 36 and 220 lbs I’m sure some of the general sickness is the weight. But I’m done I feel so yuck all the time. Please share what foods make you feel great ? I’m going to just eat the best feel good foods I don’t care if they are raw fruits and veggies I’m done. I hate this feeling like I’m dying or always just sickish. What made you feel better please share

The less hyper-palatable, ultra processed foods I eat the better I feel.

It's also important for me to get a good balance of macros. So while fruits and veggies are important to me, so is protein, fat, and starches.

Regular exercise is also crucial to my well being, and increased exercise in times of increased stress - otherwise I reach for hyper-palatable food, which just makes things worse for me.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

I agree that exercise and well-rounded nutrition are helpful. Well-rounded protein means a consistent sensible minimum of protein and fats (especially fats from things like avocados, nuts, seeds, olive oil, etc.), plus multiple daily servings of varied, colorful fruits and veggies.

I'd bet, too, that you'll feel better psychologically from taking action on things you know aren't you living your best life. That sense of mastery, of taking control of our life to drive it in a positive direction, can be really powerful. (It also creates self-mastery skills we can use in other areas, like education, career, finances, family life, and more: Good stuff.)

Beyond that, I did find that weight loss in and of itself improved how I felt. Long before weight loss, I became very active and pretty fit while still obese (and stayed obese while active/fit for over a decade). I also mostly got decent nutrition while obese (just too-big portions). Exercise and nutrition helped me feel better, for sure.

However, losing weight added a hard-to-describe additional sense of well being, just from being at a healthy weight. Some of it was probably psychological, but I truly believe some of it was physical. I don't know what it was: Less fatigue from dragging excess poundage through daily life? Reduction in systemic inflammation? The subjective perception that goes along with improved health markers (like blood pressure, cholesterol levels, etc.)? I don't know. But it was a surprise, and pretty great.

You can do this. Focus on what you can personally influence or control, because those are the levers for change. Other obstacles only matter to the extent that you need to figure out how to use things you control/influence to get around, over, or through those obstacles. Nutrition, fitness and bodyweight, fortunately, are areas where we have near total control over the most relevant factors: How much and what kind of movement we include in our day, and what we choose to put in out mouth, chew, and swallow.

You will experience incremental improvement, in different forms, all along the route.

Best wishes for much success!