Alopecia areata or Alopecia areata totalis?

Options
I'm curious is anyone out here is familiar with either? I searched the boards, there was a thread 5 or so years ago, but not much.

I'm curious to hear stories about how quickly you or the person you know lost their hair? For myself, I'm trying to guess how much I'll lose.

I started losing my hair in September and am losing about another 10% every month or so. Here's the thing no one talks about: there is hair everywhere. It's in all my food, my cabinets, balls of it on all the furniture, appliances, car, bike. I lint roll my clothes several times a day, vacuum the floor every day. I toss handfuls every time I shower. It's constantly wrapped around my fingers, toes, socks, shoes, watch, don't even get me started with my hairy face masks. I'm tempted to shave it all off just so it stops getting into everything. By some miracle, I still have a lot of hair though and don't want to shave it unless it's pretty clear I'm going to get down to less than 60%.

This is my first episode, and it's only been a few months so I don't have any clue where this is going to go.

Please avoid any discussion about stress. My Dr. claims there is no data to support stress as a causal factor, and stress doesn't play into my experience either. Alopecia is an autoimmune condition with genetic markers.