Please send good vibes - viral infection

Hi all,

Don't need anything but good vibes but I think I just need to vent. It has been 1 week since I have worked out. Day after the gym I felt funny...then I had a fever, chills, aches pains. I was terrified, although this is my 4th (4th!!!!) COVID scare. I tested negative. Great.

Bad news....turns out its herpes simplex virus. It is causing all of my flu symptoms and some....swelling and outbreaks. This is my first time experiencing this. I am not ashamed. 1 in 6 people have this. I am sad though. With a low-grade fever, I cannot go anywhere that checks temperatures, including the gym, work, my DOCTOR's OFFICES.

On top of all this, I am fighting through a herniated disc and pinched nerve. I laid off all exercise, including PT ones for a week but now my back is mad at me. Back to PT exercises, but can't go to my actual sessions.

I am just sad at my situation and just looking for some support (hence why I am here). I am usually so self-motivated, love lifting weights and seeing my numbers climb, etc., but the only number I am looking at now is my temperature, which has slowly been going down (99.4...way better than the 101 I was at last week).

I am on the prescription to help with the herpes and am eagerly waiting for this low-grade fever to disappear. Anyone else go through something similar? If not, please just send good vibes, as this has been a tough last quarter with me (herniated disc, pinched nerve, possibly MS, virus, a couple COVID scares/quarantines).

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Good vibes from up North sent, Alex! You're stronger than even you recognize.
  • rcl6
    rcl6 Posts: 84 Member
    Wow. Good vibes sent from Pa.
  • wils5150
    wils5150 Posts: 149 Member
    prayers sent. Hopefully you get back to your regular routine quick!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,412 Member
    Hugs hugs and more hugs. Fight through this. And another hug.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Thanks all :) I started doing 20 mins of yoga a day to try and keep some core strength to counteract the herniated disc.
  • rcl6
    rcl6 Posts: 84 Member
    good. be careful!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Oh no, sorry to hear. Hope you feel better soon!
  • timgoldfarb88
    timgoldfarb88 Posts: 6 Member
    Definitely praying for your recovery and inner peace. Always remember that a positive attitude and outlook helps the healing process. Hope you find a spark every day to motivate your progress. Good vibes from Florida!