Oatmeal Cookies?

taijade
taijade Posts: 38
edited September 21 in Recipes
Hey guys,

I have a majorly bad sweet tooth and sometimes eating a piece of fruit just doesn't cut it, you know? :laugh:

Soo, rather than go and get something hideously bad for me and berate myself after eating it; I am trying to find healthier versions of the sweet things I used to buy.

Normally I would look this kind of thing up on Google and see what it throws at me; but in this case I would much prefer getting reciepes from people that have actually made them and know what they taste like.

To start with I am looking for an oatmeal cookie recipe.
I'm lactose intolerant so things with butter are out for me and obviously taking Xenical I have to watch the fat content carefully (which doesn't make this easy!) so if anyone can recommend me some recipes for oatmeal cookies, I would be hugely grateful!!

Replies

• baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    My Fellow Fitness Pal posted this the other day, I took it with hopes to try it soon!

These are a lower fat & sugar version:

1 cup flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 egg replacer, prepared (I use NRG)
    1/2 cup mild oil, like canola or safflower
    1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
    1 tablespoon agave nectar
    3 tablespoon water or nut milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    3/4 cup raisins

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. You can also grease your cookie sheet.

Combine all dry ingredients (flour through cinnamon) in a large bowl.

In a separate small-medium bowl, combine wet ingredients (egg replacer through vanilla). Add the wet to the dry and add raisins. Mix all ingredients together until well combined. The mixture will seem a little dry, but it should stick together to form little balls. (If it doesn't, add another 1/2 tablespoon or so of nut milk or water.) Form the mixture into cookies with a spoon or by shaping little balls and flattening them on to the cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 13 or 14 minutes. The cookies MUST cool a little before handling, otherwise they will fall apart. Plus, they get a little crisp when cool as opposed to warm.

If you divide 1/2 cup of sugar by 24 cookies, each cookie only has 1 teaspoon of sugar. The same goes for the oil-- only one teaspoon of oil per cookie. You can probably do even better if you sub out half of the oil with applesauce...

Makes about 2 dozen cookies
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    thanks for sharing! Sounds sooo good!
  • taijade
    taijade Posts: 38
    Aha thank you very much!
    Do you think I could replace the oil with applesauce or a mashed banana?

I'm just really not a fan of oils in general (sounds dumb I know cause you don't taste it), so if I can use an alternative that would be fab!

ETA: also, I've just looked at my local health food store and my local grocery store and they don't have egg replacer - is there an alternative to that as well?
    (sorry to be a pain in the butt!!)

Ughhh, sorry for another question; but I've looked at my local grocery store again and can't find blackstrap molasses; however I did find this:
    http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=molasses&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=310945
    Can I use that, or is it something totally different?
This discussion has been closed.