NSV-- bathing suit shopping...

Options
My whole life I've been the person who has to buy "special" bathing suits from actual swimwear stores, you know the old lady ones? My first bikini was when I was about 13 and I was, at the time wearing a Medium bottom (in misses) and a 36DD. Which means it was the ugliest old lady bathing suit, ever.

Well, I went bathing suit shopping after my 21lb loss (my ticker says 6, thats since I started on MFP in june) and I went to target.... I was so nervous.

I went and took about 10 bathing suits in the size I THOUGHT I shoul wear, an XL.
Went in to try them on, had to take them ALL back to the rack and get a Large... This is the first time I have been able to comfortably wear a STRING triangle top bikini and a bathing suit bottom that ties on the side. In a size large in juniors :)

It's super cute too, and I'm going to the beach this weekend for my birthday with my husband, sister and brother in law.

Replies

• bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Bathing suit shopping can be quite nerve-wracking, but you found success! WTG! :happy:
  • msgrowinggirl20
    Options
    congratulations hun!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YIPPEE!
    g string bikinis all the way!
  • Elheffe99
    Elheffe99 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • krystle1001
    Options
    Whoo hooo!!! Congrats, I bet it was an awesome feeling to find a cute suit in a smaller size! I am currently shopping for a swimsuit (mostly online right now) and its giving me anxiety! My vacation, which is a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas, isn't until November (86 days to be exact!), so I think I may just hold out a little long and *hopefully* buy a smaller size like you! I've set a mini-goal: lose 20 more lbs in 86 days!
  • blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! Bathing suit shopping can reduce most strong women to tears if they let it! I had a similar NSV a week or so ago and I was able to find 3 suits, on sale! I could never buy them on sale before because nothing was ever left by then in my size. I left the store feeling really good about my self and looking forward to our beach weekend over Labor Day. I hope you have a really wonderful time and ROCK THAT BIKINI!!! You've earned it! :smokin:
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Congrats!
  • bekkahlokey
    Options
    Whoo hooo!!! Congrats, I bet it was an awesome feeling to find a cute suit in a smaller size! I am currently shopping for a swimsuit (mostly online right now) and its giving me anxiety! My vacation, which is a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas, isn't until November (86 days to be exact!), so I think I may just hold out a little long and *hopefully* buy a smaller size like you! I've set a mini-goal: lose 20 more lbs in 86 days!

I believe in you! And I hope you enjoy this cruise. I'm a little jealous! Good luck with the bathing suit shopping and take a deep breath. If I can do it, you can too!
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! I'm going on a cruise in 5 months to come...I hope for the first time I will b able to wear bathing suit...its my dream...I watch it every day online.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!